Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had SimRad electronics in my boat, but I don't need anything that sophisticated. Wondering what/which GPS you folks are using in your Mavericks.

Any help appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
There are a few very good and informative threads on this very subject. A quick search will help. To the best of my recollection, there has not been any new offerings since the last posts. My preference is using a tablet (Android) or iPad with GAIA or LeadNav.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I went with the Magellan TRX7. Works a lot like a vehicle nav and does what I need easily. (breadcrumbs, waypoints back to camp).
‘Wasn’t really looking for any mapping (although it does that),more just the ability to not get lost and get back to camp!

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
I went with the Magellan TRX7. Works a lot like a vehicle nav and does what I need easily. (breadcrumbs, waypoints back to camp).
‘Wasn’t really looking for any mapping (although it does that),more just the ability to not get lost and get back to camp!
That is an expensive tool to just get you back to camp. It does so much more.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
That is a really nice GPS and it has lots of cool features. I almost pulled the trigger on one at the Sand Show. I ended up with the Lowrance Elite 5ti as I can use it in Baja with PCI maps.

Reactions: Mr Ted

·
Registered
328 Posts
That is an expensive tool to just get you back to camp. It does so much more.
yeah, wish I could say ive used it for more than that but I haven’t. Maybe some day.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That is a really nice GPS and it has lots of cool features. I almost pulled the trigger on one at the Sand Show. I ended up with the Lowrance Elite 5ti as I can use it in Baja with PCI maps.

That seems to be the only downside for me. I have been checking out some of the Baja tours and they all seem to require a Lowrance.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Tablet - orux app - bob t maps free - Ram mount. Tried ride command but not enough trails on maps yet but it may be a good app in a couple years.

Whats good for for the east coast may not work at all on the left coast.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
LeadNav has all of the Baja stuff. Check out their website, it's a great product and allows you to share and track your group real time if you want that feature. It's darn near military grade stuff. Very well done.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Are you able to upload GPX or KML files into the Magellan TRX7?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts