Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 14 maverick r the base model and these shocks are disappointing me. I try to adjust them no luck they just bottom out does anyone have some for sale. The riding I do.is sand dunes and a bunch of jumping thanks. Or what's the best aftermarket shock out there to buy

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a set of 2.5's from an xrs on eBay, if you can get a hold of those and have AReed from CT racing go thru them for ya you'll have a sweet set up.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
He will chime in I'm sure, he may have a set built already, not sure if he does that or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I just got my maverick probably 2 months ago. Done so much to it already. I'm trying to get a better set of shocks now. Does that guy from cut racing tune them up or what does he do to them

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a set of 2.5's from an xrs on eBay, if you can get a hold of those and have AReed from CT racing go thru them for ya you'll have a sweet set up.

I think that listing is wrong those shocks are for a commander x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
713 Posts
I got a 14 maverick r the base model and these shocks are disappointing me. I try to adjust them no luck they just bottom out does anyone have some for sale. The riding I do.is sand dunes and a bunch of jumping thanks. Or what's the best aftermarket shock out there to buy
I have a set of 2.5 fox off an xrs for sale. I'm taking offers, they look brand new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think that listing is wrong those shocks are for a commander x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Search "can am Maverick suspension" there's a guy selling everything, must of gone LT.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks I just got my maverick probably 2 months ago. Done so much to it already. I'm trying to get a better set of shocks now. Does that guy from cut racing tune them up or what does he do to them
I'll let him answer that cuz I don't want to mis-quote him but if you search suspension or shock settings you'll find some good info about his upgrades.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The shocks look like XRS shocks. There's no difference on the 13 and 14 year model suspension right

·
Registered
211 Posts
The shocks have different spacers for the mounting bolts. The 2013 models use 10mm hardware and the 2014's were upgraded to 12mm. So you will have to play with them a little to make them fit a 2014.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang

·
Registered
713 Posts
The shocks have different spacers for the mounting bolts. The 2013 models use 10mm hardware and the 2014's were upgraded to 12mm. So you will have to play with them a little to make them fit a 2014.
All you need to do is go to the hardware store and buy 10mm bolts with nylock nuts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I see.

·
Registered
211 Posts
All you need to do is go to the hardware store and buy 10mm bolts with nylock nuts

Not going to work when all of your suspension components and upper shock mounts are drilled for 12mm bolts. You could go 10mm to 12mm, but not vice versa. Best case scenario is that the 2014 12mm spacers fit in the 2013 shocks. Then you would need to buy 16 of those and they're not cheap according to Can-Am's website.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok the space difference between the two sizes won't hurt nothing. For instance all The jumping and whoops the Bolt will move and cause damage.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not going to work when all of your suspension components and upper shock mounts are drilled for 12mm bolts. You could go 10mm to 12mm, but not vice versa. Best case scenario is that the 2014 12mm spacers fit in the 2013 shocks. Then you would need to buy 16 of those and they're not cheap according to Can-Am's website.
I just checked the shocks I have, the spacer can be drilled out easily.
You're positive the bolt is bigger?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Yeah if you find some 2.5" XRS shocks I can make them better than almost anything out there. I'm working on 2.0 0 packages this month.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts