Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts
Well? Bit the bullet and joined the dark side. This will give me an idea of which machines I like better. Picked up a super clean low mile 17 XP turbo. Again this will primarily be my wife’s car and she won’t push hard at all. My guess is my son will drive it more than my wife. Now to figure out how to fit a. X3 and a RZR on an 18 ft flatbed. Going to sand mountain or winnemucca this weekend so will have to do something temporarily. View attachment 272385
Congrats, looks good!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My little Polaris has been great.
Good to know. Heard that from a lot of people. Know ther would be some haters. Prolly most that have never owned a RZR. This one seems to have been well cared for. All aftermarket stuff was added at time of purchase. Cage, roof, light bar chase light, stereo, 4 point harnesses, full doors and a few other little things. Had the receipt, he paid 31k out the door in 2017. Less than 1000 miles, 114 hours. Claims it’s the original belt and I have no reason to doubt him. The machine shows well even though it’s a little hard to tell from the night time pic. I will give it a good shakedown this weekend at sand mountain. Belt and fluid/filter change kit is ordered.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
656 Posts
Good to know. Heard that from a lot of people. Know ther would be some haters. Prolly most that have never owned a RZR. This one seems to have been well cared for. All aftermarket stuff was added at time of purchase. Cage, roof, light bar chase light, stereo, 4 point harnesses, full doors and a few other little things. Had the receipt, he paid 31k out the door in 2017. Less than 1000 miles, 114 hours. Claims it’s the original belt and I have no reason to doubt him. The machine shows well even though it’s a little hard to tell from the night time pic. I will give it a good shakedown this weekend at sand mountain. Belt and fluid/filter change kit is ordered.
I only have a 60" RZR S so I load it sideways on the front of my 18" trailer. I pull the X3 in behind it. Yours is probably too long but you may want to double check.

·
Premium Member
14,109 Posts
Hey, it's for your wife. You know she's not going to beat it to death. You / she will be fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The fear of modifying my trailer are gone. No issues in the 400+mile trip to and from sand mountain Nv this weekend. Handled it with ease. Loading is a bit tricky but this is just a temporary solution. I needed to hack something together for the weekend. Had to make a ramp for the x3 rear wheels to sit on top of the fenders. All in all a safe trip but will be making some more longer term mods until a 28ft enclosed trailer is in the budget.
Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
318 Posts
The fear of modifying my trailer are gone. No issues in the 400+mile trip to and from sand mountain Nv this weekend. Handled it with ease. Loading is a bit tricky but this is just a temporary solution. I needed to hack something together for the weekend. Had to make a ramp for the x3 rear wheels to sit on top of the fenders. All in all a safe trip but will be making some more longer term mods until a 28ft enclosed trailer is in the budget. View attachment 272710 View attachment 272712 View attachment 272714 View attachment 272715
I see you’re a wood guy and not a metal guy. I’m the other way, but I love your tenacity! Looking forward to your final solution.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I see you’re a wood guy and not a metal guy. I’m the other way, but I love your tenacity! Looking forward to your final solution.
Final solution will be metal for the extensions. Will prolly keep the ramps over the wheel Wells in wood for weight. I literally did this in the 4 hours before we left.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts