Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh very good to know. I thought a 40” curved light bar was somewhat “standard” for people to get who wanted better lighting. Maybe I will just get a nice 10” rigid bar on the shock tower then?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Baja design or rigid both make good lights. When I buy a new buggy I’ll probably go with Baja design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Many many threads on lights and comparisons. Great reading if you’re willing to learn. Use google as a search engine. The search function on here is not the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
New member here looking to buy my first Maverick X3. Looking at a 2017 Turbo R. What is the difference between the engine in the 2017 and the latest models? I typically tend to shy away from initial launch years for new vehicles. Maybe its dumb but always think there are some kinks for the manufacturer to work out in the first couple years

Have the 2017 models tended to be reliable (in regards to later models)?
Anything to look out for with the 2017's?
Anything else I should be aware of when looking at 2017 models?

I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time on here :)
I have a X3 2017 X DS with over 6000 miles with no problem and I run it hard. I love it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is there a sticky for new members / owners just giving a high level overview of these machines and how to operate them? For example, I am a first time owner and I dont know what the different settings are for the Fox shocks and when I should use each one. And what are the different settings for the DPS and when I should use each one. I am sure if I search for each individual question I can find the answers, just didnt know if there was a handy sticky article that spells out all this stuff for newbies :)

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Is there a sticky for new members / owners just giving a high level overview of these machines and how to operate them? For example, I am a first time owner and I dont know what the different settings are for the Fox shocks and when I should use each one. And what are the different settings for the DPS and when I should use each one. I am sure if I search for each individual question I can find the answers, just didnt know if there was a handy sticky article that spells out all this stuff for newbies :)

No sticky around here, the syrup sucking owners of the forum do not care to do that kind of work. They are more concerned with advertising dollar return into their pockets.

So you are reduced to asking the same questions as a newbie over and over again which frustrates long time members. The increased numbers are exactly what the owners want.

good luck and dont forget to use googles search function too. Ex Search google using the below format.

canam x3 fox settings”maverickforums.net”

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
No sticky around here, the syrup sucking owners of the forum do not care to do that kind of work. They are more concerned with advertising dollar return into their pockets.

So you are reduced to asking the same questions as a newbie over and over again which frustrates long time members. The increased numbers are exactly what the owners want.

good luck and dont forget to use googles search function too. Ex Search google using the below format.

canam x3 fox settings”maverickforums.net”
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Good one eh!

Tim

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts