Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the long term reliability on these machines? How many miles are they good for before you need major rebuilding or parts? How many miles have you guys put on yours?

thanks

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
research rotax , brp , they make things from, planes to electric mavericks ,

the rotax will out last every sxs motor out right now hands down

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That really depends on how you drive it and maintain it. I know that is opened ended but it really does depend on those items. But,if you feel you need a better answer do some overall research on the rotax engines and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at their reputation for a very strong,high quality reliable engine. They are well known for that.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
How is the long term reliability on these machines? How many miles are they good for before you need major rebuilding or parts? How many miles have you guys put on yours?

thanks
Go over to canam commander forums and search your question. The maverick running gear is almost the exact as theirs and the commander has been out longer.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
also BMW and buell use rotax motors in some of there bikes, !

there will also be a few motors to go or a defect or to , but way way way less then lets say pooplaris ? artic crap kawicrappy ? lol - yamislow to slowtobreak

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

there will also be a few motors to go or a defect or to , but way way way less then lets say pooplaris ? artic crap kawicrappy ? lol - yamislow to slowtobreak
:haha:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
also bmw and buell use rotax motors in some of there bikes, !

There will also be a few motors to go or a defect or to , but way way way less then lets say pooplaris ? Artic crap kawicrappy ? Lol - yamislow to slowtobreak
haha

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

Dude you got some serious hate issues!!!! some time on a therapy couch might help LOL

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I was teasing lol

I like all sxs's just some more then others lol

·
Registered
132 Posts

Nothing about Honda?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have 2500 miles on it...:cool2:
Never had a problem.
I have 8 months with my maverick x rs

·
Registered
680 Posts
1 epapy3ab.jpg cant beat a rotax in my opinion. Obviously most companies have figured out how to make and awesome side by side but from my expierences i think that can-am is better quality and better built for sure. I used to race DS450's and never have any motor issues at all. And they got the piss ran out of them! i would imagine the maverick will be the same way

·
Registered
527 Posts
Go and google "rzr or maverick", you will find hours and hours of reading. Pros and Cons of both!! Aside of the brand war you will find a lot of info on the reliability side of it. This is one reason I went with the mav. Yes others do make nice well performing sxs's. But my pick was between rzr and a mav. One thing I have read is the mav will last long on wearable parts like ball joints, bearings, bushings, etc. I've read over and over 600-1k miles on rzr, things will be loose! ether people replace or keep running till they cant take it anymore! One thread that caught my eye was a guy had both a mav and a 900xp. Said you can bet every 600mi on the xp, put on the lift and bushing bearings are starting to get loose!! He had somewhere around 2k mile on the mav, put it on the lift, it was as tight as the day he bought it!! But bottom line is I don't care what it is, how it was built, wearable parts like bushings and ball joints WILL WEAR OUT!! But, Some brands will last a lot longer than others. I'm not brand bashing, I'm saying there are hours and hours of reading out there, I used it to my advantage to make my choice. My main thing going into buying one was, I'm spending this kinda money to buy one, I don't want to spend all my time working on it!

·
Registered
728 Posts
5 or 6 years ago there was a post on a CanAm forum from a guy from England, where it was legal to ride quads on the street. The guy had over 25,000 miles on his Outlander 800 Rotax. He had replaced brakes, cv boots and misc. maintenance parts but nothing serious. Of coarse you wouldn't be as hard on it on the street.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Rotax motor is good but I do not drive my Maverick hard and I am on my second belt and exploded a stock primary clutch on the weekend because the bolt worked it self loose after 4 hours use since the major 10 hour service and having the clutch bolt modification done.
For me to build reliability into this buggy I will have to modify the clutch cover with a Poly Carbonate clear inspection window and mark the retaining bolt head with a white marker over the bolt head, washer and clutch so I can take the seat out and look with a torch to see if the bolt has moved after every 10 or so miles.
I am also fitting hi flow inline marine grade bilge pumps to the air intake tube for the clutch and belt housing to blow cold filter air in and one on the exhaust clutch housing tube to suck hot air out. I am also going to have to fit a belt temp gauge. I am getting the standard clutches replaced, belt and cracked cover under warranty as buggy has done only 500 miles. I will upgrade to better quality clutches when the New Buggy Warranty expires. Our ambient temperatures can be around 100 degrees in Summer here in Australia. BRP should be looking at doing these modifications in the factory on newer models to make these buggies reliable.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
motors r awesome the clutch well when u have a lot of power and heat they all fail it seams like ,

but once ur stud and secondary bolt are installed and TQ correctly u should have no problems

I have original belt half dune miles and at 800 I think

1 - 19 of 19 Posts