Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Am has a locking gas gap (715001124) for $45. I did some research and found a locking gas cap at Autozone for $12.50. It's a CST #5795. You can also use Stant #10595. You should be able to cross reference other brands if you want. The CST keys are plastic overmolded with GAS stamped into the key.

The stock fuel cap is non vented and so are the locking gas caps I have referenced. I did measure the inside diameter of the stock gas cap to make sure it fit. Stock gas cap measured 1.560 inch diameter. The CST #5795 measured 1.562 inch.

The BRP locking gas cap does have one advantage in that it offers a key hole cover to keep debris out. I don't know how well it works though.

This should keep the fuel thieves at bay or prevent some jerk from putting crap in your fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow, you have that sort of issue often? We Minnesota guys don't know how to steal gas or are too lazy to do it. Hell, when we go to eat in a restaurant while on the trails I don't even take my key out.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Out here in Calif, you never know what will happen. So you must be on guard at all times.

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's for peace of mind. I personally never had anything happen to my fuel. I have a friend that has a boat and several years ago someone put sand in his fuel tank.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Was he driving the boat like an axehole? Usually shit like that happens for a reason...just axing...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basicly, a couple got divorced and the dude blame my friend for the break up. He never screwed or was intimate with the woman. I know cause I was friends with all 3 of them. The dude was just a real jerk. We almost duked it out one time on a snowmobile trip. Anyway, my friend always thought that it was probably him that did it but could never prove it.

I believe in karma big time. You wrong someone and it will come back to haunt you. I have been on both sides of that too in my life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts