Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still haven't found the style of locking trunk I want to mount on the rear rack but I've always figured that if I could just lock the drivers seat down then anything under it would be locked.
So I took a cheap 1/4 20 thread eye bolt and drilled a hole above the latch pin and then tapped threads in that hole. Next I drilled a hole in the latch release lever on the seat and now I can run a padlock through the hole and the eye bolt to lock the seat in place. I use soft tool bags from Craftsman for storage and have a pair of them under the seat now. One bag holds my tool kit which is pretty extensive and both pairs of my headsets which are very expensive. Now I think I'm ready for those trips to vendor road since I can now lock up my most important and expensive items.

I slotted the hole a bit to make it easier to run the lock through.

DSCN1429.JPG

The lock has to have 'long' clasp or whatever you call it to reach through both holes and it still rests on the seat so I don't plan to ride with it in place. All that matters is when I want to lock my stuff up and can pull the padlock out of the glovebox and install it. It's also very visible to any thief. This is just a quickie job but if someone wanted to do their own I'm sure it could be better thought out and fabbed up so it all fits better but I'm pretty happy for now with my 15 minute job.

DSCN1431.JPG

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
cool concept

1 - 3 of 3 Posts