Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most use a back up cam and tablet. I not running a tablet and wanted a full time option that wouldn’t interfere with anything else.

With my rear view mirror being about useless, I looked at some live video rear view mirrors. Ended up grabbing one off the amazon. Many to choose from. I would guess they all work around the same. Easy install. Cut off the reverse trigger wire. All that does it add the back up lines when active. Mirror comes on when you start it up. Does not shut off until you turn it off. Brightness is adjusted by swiping left or right on the screen.

I can say this is something I should have done a long time ago. view is excellent. Can see 100 yards back now with no obstructions or issues. Plus the field of view is 4 times bigger. Video quality is excellent even above 60. Not much ghosting and darn near no delay. I was actually impressed.

Camera is waterproof. Mirror it self is not. Will see how long it last. Real test will be when the snow hits and the tracks go on. Already put some hard miles on the buggy to check it out. Mirror has been solid so far.

In the pics in 6’ away from the wall. Field of view is 14’ wide, the shelf is 12’ long. Picture quality is excellent too.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. So did you clean your garage with a toothbrush for the pic or just really OCD lol.
Thats the shitty tractor barn where I’m allowed to store my machine and work on it when up north

Property manager for 1 person. All my properties are organized/look like this. Everything has a place. So yes. I am ocd, bi polar, and dyslexic. But I’m good at what I do, I get to travel a lot, and it pays the bills.

This is the actual “main” garage up north. And yes I’ve made people clean things with tooth brushes before. Even floors. But that a military thing.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
so is it a easy detach if you get the inside muddy and need to clean or do you just cover It with something you say it's rugged enough to hold up to the vibration though

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No vibration related issues to speak of and I did go hard on it to check.
Comes off with 2 rubber clips and unhook the cable. Takes 10 seconds.

Easy enough to remove and throw in the glove box. I’ll get a video of actually using it later this week.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
35 Posts
I contemplated this option before picking up a waterproof monitor on ebay. Interested to see how well yours holds up, especially the straps that wrap around OEM mirror. Please update after you get miles on it. Picture quality looks great!

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay. Got a little over 250 miles with the mirror now. No issues. I’m actually really happy with it. Video on how it works.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Video on a rip. This is recorded from the mirror. Mirror quality matches this. The black at the top of the screen is part of my storage rack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts