Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you Midwest riders going to take advantage of the weather and head out to the dunes this weekend for spring break? Have a big group of drag bikes, buggies and side by sides going. Stop by if you see my rig. Red and white XRS with a big bearded dude driving haha!

Cheers!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Dakota We might just get a room in town since we are just staying for 2 days. But if not we will probably stay in North camp just to watch all the drunkards act stupid haha.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wish i could i think we are going in mid june with a group

·
Registered
371 Posts
I will be there if Jones will ever get my maverick fixed.

Tankgtown I liked my buying experince with jones the service however not so much. I bought the exact same bike as you. A wheel broke on me Jan 18th(also broke outer cv) took them until march 1st to fix it. Get it back nothing is fixed right axle wasn't pushed into diff all the way broke the tip off didn't put the wheel seals in the knuckle etc... Everything they touched wasn't put back correctly. Now it's been back up there going on 2 weeks. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Next time I'll buy elsewhere

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will be there if Jones will ever get my maverick fixed.

Tankgtown I liked my buying experince with jones the service however not so much. I bought the exact same bike as you. A wheel broke on me Jan 18th(also broke outer cv) took them until march 1st to fix it. Get it back nothing is fixed right axle wasn't pushed into diff all the way broke the tip off didn't put the wheel seals in the knuckle etc... Everything they touched wasn't put back correctly. Now it's been back up there going on 2 weeks. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Next time I'll buy elsewhere
I am getting it from jones because I live in Nebraska and my local dealer will not come off the sticker price, so I'm saving over 2k by driving down and getting it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am getting it from jones because I live in Nebraska and my local dealer will not come off the sticker price, so I'm saving over 2k by driving down and getting it there.

What's Jones pricing? I bought mine from Ajax Kawasaki in Moore.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I paid 16,680 december 2013 for my white xrs dps.

Tankgtown if you aren't already talking to Zane it might be worth your while to get a price from him. He's the manager and priced it to me a good bit lower then the salesmen. he was zero bullshit and zero hidden fee's etc... Tell him chad told he was the guy to talk to. Also check your ride over very careful we found several loose bolts and they hadn't tightened the gas cap and it flew off on our test ride. Overall a good place to buy from with good prices just really crappy techs that build and work on them.

Ajax quoted me around the same price think it was 100 or so higher. I bought from jones based on the larger service/shop area, thought if I had any issues it would be fixed quicker there boy was I wrong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im jus going to go ahead and say I have no comment about my purchasing with Jones... It was kind of a weird deal for me because I was trading in 2 choppers for 1 machine but I still felt like they got the best of me on the deal. And then they told me I HAD to bring it to them for 1st service. End up being them changing oil and greasing inserts and I walked out with almost $300 shop ticket..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picked me up some STU paddles and harnesses for this weekend.. Ready to tear some shit up now! haha

For everyone that is not able to go, lets plan a Maverick Meet at the dunes sometime this summer for all Midwest Mavericks or whoever else wants to go!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd like to go to little sahara this spring/summer. Haven't had the maverick in the dunes yet or rode in one on the sand. Out of my 10 weeks of ownership its been at jones 7 of those.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Picked me up some STU paddles and harnesses for this weekend.. Ready to tear some shit up now! haha

For everyone that is not able to go, lets plan a Maverick Meet at the dunes sometime this summer for all Midwest Mavericks or whoever else wants to go!
Sounds good to me! Like I said I will be there memorial weekend!

·
Registered
262 Posts

I already reserved a camp camp spot for 4th of July weekend. Sure it might be hot but that's the only holiday I have off this summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I paid 16,680 december 2013 for my white xrs dps.

Tankgtown if you aren't already talking to Zane it might be worth your while to get a price from him. He's the manager and priced it to me a good bit lower then the salesmen. he was zero bullshit and zero hidden fee's etc... Tell him chad told he was the guy to talk to. Also check your ride over very careful we found several loose bolts and they hadn't tightened the gas cap and it flew off on our test ride. Overall a good place to buy from with good prices just really crappy techs that build and work on them.

Ajax quoted me around the same price think it was 100 or so higher. I bought from jones based on the larger service/shop area, thought if I had any issues it would be fixed quicker there boy was I wrong.
Are there any specific bolt to check? I'm heading south tonight and pick it up in the morning. Getting pretty excited!!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
My seat belt bolts where loose as was the passenger grab bar and gas cap that fell off after they had put gas in it. I would check anything they have to install when they uncrate it, shocks would be a good one. They don't have much of a place to test drive it. But I would spend 10 minutes or so driving it back and forth just checking everything out. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I planned on taking a ride on the bike and paying them a visit to see why my maverick isn't fixed yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts