Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden little coal river trails down on the Hatfield McCoy trails??? Any info would be greatly appreciated !!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Very easy trail system with very wide trails. It's one of there smaller trail systems. You also have ivy branch that's really close to it that I have heard is better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
rode LCR on Sat. and IB on Monday IB is much more challenging than LCR We had a lady friend with us that had never rode a quad except around the yard and had no problem at either one but didn't ride any black. Both are great IB would be my pick if I had to pick one. They are 3 miles apart. Your not far from Bear wallow that is better than LCR or IB IMO. It was very dusty on all 3 trails lost weekend .. hope they get some rain

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info !!! We spent a week at Ashland last year and had a blast on those 3 trail systems !!! Figured we would try something new !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
LCR is a fun trail system for a new person but beyond that I would look at another trail system. Dont get me wrong its still fun but I think its my least favorite system.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is a few spots with overlooks but that's about it. Check out Rush Off-Road in Rush, Kentucky. A lot better riding than Hatfield McCoys! From little coal river it would be around a hour drive. Any type of riding you want to do is there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The Little Coal River /Ivy Branch trip is in the books. We rode 186 miles in 2 1/2 days. I thought that was pretty good. We stayed off the black diamond and black and red trails. However the green and blue trails where a very nice mix of trails,and for the most part pretty easy.Here are some pictures from the trip.
Forest Tree Trail Natural environment Woodland Nature Natural environment Water Tree Nature reserve Natural environment Off-roading Tree Forest Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Off-roading Car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts