Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a lit-ion battery for the maverick. I have used them on my quads, way lighter and stronger. Anyone have a direction they can recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'd suggest checking into Ballistic or Shorai...I believe those are the most popular. I use the Ballistics in my quads. Check on eBay, thats where I found the best deals.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Scottdmax!

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Alien Motion is what use on all my toys. Great product and great customer service

and yes you need a special charger but they'll charge fine off the oem charging system

·
Registered
446 Posts
Alien Motion is what use on all my toys. Great product and great customer service

and yes you need a special charger but they'll charge fine off the oem charging system
You using one in your maverick? Which one you using. Looking to replace my stock battery with something better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lithium batteries suck in cold weather I hated that ballistic I had on my outty 1k

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
They do if you let them sit. If it's going to be cold and you're not going to ride for a while hit it with the charger once a week and you'll be fine. That's the beauty of these batteries. With their charger you can recharge a dead battery in like 15 minutes. Or when it's cold just run your oem battery

·
Registered
85 Posts
No the battery itself must be a certain temperature to operate to its full potential. They hold charge great something like a 2yr static discharge but that's not the issue it's the ambient temp vs battery temp = pathetic CCA

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I've run into something similar like that on my track bike but it was the opposite. After riding a hard 20 minute session in the heat, I would come off track and shut it down to stop and talk to someone or something and it would be slow to crank but it still started. Never had an issue firing it up when left in the cold though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts