Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the rack installed with no issues but decided to move the shock reservoir to a different location instead of rotating outward. I've heard of doing this but do any of the Shock Pros see an issue with them mounted this way?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like it. Would the rear windscreen still fit? If so thats how I plan on mounting mine.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
Members have them mounted there. Whatever works!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Has anyone noticed any issues with the rack? I was told they were troublesome. Also there's 2 types in the online builder but the descriptions are the same.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,025 Posts
I've had a Linq rack on my Sport for over a year now. Hasn't been troublesome in any way.

My main complaint is the rusty water that leaks out of holes in the bottom of the tubing. Gets rust stains all over the place..

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
489 Posts
I considered mounting my resi’s on the top cross bar but if I remember correctly, they wouldn’t fit with my S&B particle separator. No problems with the pivoting rack for me. Functions great and serves its purpose.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had same issue the first day I put it on, was pretty pissed about it, I assembled the unit, removed it as a whole and drilled 2 holes at the lowest point of the tubes then repainted with rust-olium (sp?) semi gloss, then shot fluid film up the tubes with the long straw. 2 seasons later still no rusty water.

·
Registered
2021 RR MAX w/ shox
167 Posts
Looks like it’d work ok as long as you don’t add a hard rear window down the line. I love my rack though! One of the best things I bought.

·
Registered
236 Posts
On the topic of the rack, has anyone use the lower rack tray? I was tempted to buy the tray and keep smaller cases and items under my pivot rack and then put my ATV case on the pivot rack.

Or if someone has a neat solution to maximize cargo id be interested for those longer days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts