Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have done this to your clutch housing how has it held up?

I took mine into two different truck bed shops today both refused the work saying the spray would not adhere to the plastic housing. Neither one offered Line X specific. Does that adhere better?

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
I have had my cover LineX’d now for 3 years. I was one of the first to do it. For the $50 I paid to have it done it was well worth it. I have blown a couple belts in that time frame and no damage has been done. LineX brand is the one that has all the videos on the strength and what it does for protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have had my cover LineX’d now for 3 years. I was one of the first to do it. For the $50 I paid to have it done it was well worth it. I have blown a couple belts in that time frame and no damage has been done. LineX brand is the one that has all the videos on the strength and what it does for protection.

Did you do inside and out? How thick on the inside??

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Just did the inside only. It’s not really that thick. Just whatever their normal coat is I suppose. Not that heavy but it’s strong.
Also there is a cover that is bolted in behind the primary clutch. Do not spray that part or you will have to peel it off for clearance issues.

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just properly adjust clutch and not worry about a $140 clutch cover.
I'm trying!!! Lol, but I'm no mechanic. After gusset kit, springs, A arms, shock tunes, sway bar links and too many accessories I'm learning this machine little by little. But honestly the clutch kinda intimidates me even after 4 hrs of youtube.

I guess I'm just doing the belt and suspenders approach.

Wait...didn't I see a post where you were running a liner of some sorts?? I guess great minds think alike.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree there's some kind of voodoo in them clutches, but I went with the cheap insurance of getting my inner housing sprayed with LineX. The shop I went to didn't read my instructions and coated both sides, so there was a bit of die grinder work to get it remounted, but should be nice and strong. Like many mods on here it might not be necessary but to each his or her own!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts