Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The day I bought my 2013 x rs. The check engine light came on with a code showing transmission signal fault or something to that effect. Took it back to the dealer and they said it's no big deal to drive it as is. Once I finally took it back they had found a sensor under the gear shifter had just came unplugged. Just posting this for anyone who may run across this in the future.

·
Registered
728 Posts
This would happen occasionally on my Evo10 before I had it tuned... Could be due to a couple of things, least in my experience... I know it's a different beast, yet same concept really. First off which, could be due to a lean AFR at WOT. Tuned solved it. Got it again at a track event. This time due to heightened transmission temperature's since the car had a dual-clutch SST, which was severely prone to overheating under extreme conditions unless provided some aftermarket cooling support. Added a larger, secondary transmission cooler and problem thus solved again. I have yet to experience this on the Mav but I wonder if it has to do with CVT temp and potential overheating? Maybe a CVT blower would help? Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
This would happen occasionally on my Evo10 before I had it tuned... Could be due to a couple of things, least in my experience... I know it's a different beast, yet same concept really. First off which, could be due to a lean AFR at WOT. Tuned solved it. Got it again at a track event. This time due to heightened transmission temperature's since the car had a dual-clutch SST, which was severely prone to overheating under extreme conditions unless provided some aftermarket cooling support. Added a larger, secondary transmission cooler and problem thus solved again. I have yet to experience this on the Mav but I wonder if it has to do with CVT temp and potential overheating? Maybe a CVT blower would help? Just my 2 cents.
He posted that the problem was the shift linkage was out of alignment so the her position switch sensed it was not in gear which gave the code.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts