Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once and a while, when i come on to the mav, put the gas to the floor, the bike will lose power and go into limp mode, also says check engine. During the limp mode, it will hardly stay idling. I just turn the bike off and turn it back on, and it goes away. This has happened to me 4 times now over a couple days.

Any ideas? If i take it to the dealer are they able to plug it in and see what my problem is?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes the dealer will be able to fix it. Your user manual tells you to get your mav to dealer as soon as you see this msg. Good Luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also I wouldn't drive it any more until fixed. Possibly a critical problem with engine and this msg system is put in to use to stop any further damage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
And this is the kind of info in these threads that divide the junior members and the senior members. Man do I look like a tool! Good help Team! Now I know what to look for and clean when this happens to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
it sounds like your throttle by wire system. My GMC truck did the same thing a few years ago. the pedal position sensor didn't not match the throttle body position sensor. the dealer replaced both sensors and it didn't happen again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts