Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oregon got a little bit of snow last night and I went out ridding today around the block and almost every time I would punch it in a drift it would cut out and tell me to "limp home" with the check engine light on.
After turning the rig off and starting it back up it goes to normal till I try to drift it again. Any ideas.
I have a short video of how it bogs after I punch it (at 10 second mark).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do you have a partical separator?? Assuming by what I can see in the video you have an xds turbo?? If so you could be getting snow into your intake clogging up the air flow to your turbo if you don't have a partical separator it happens on turbo models sometimes when the snow is deep enough and is a fresh powder if you're blasting threw drafts

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Oregon got a little bit of snow last night and I went out ridding today around the block and almost every time I would punch it in a drift it would cut out and tell me to "limp home" with the check engine light on.
After turning the rig off and starting it back up it goes to normal till I try to drift it again. Any ideas.
I have a short video of how it bogs after I punch it (at 10 second mark).

I ride in the snow 90% of the time and never had that happen once....I had a 14 Mav A 15 Turbo Mav like you have and now an X3 and never once

did any of them go into limp mode and I've hit many snowdrifts where the snow came right in the cabin....You may have a loose fitting on the intake.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Canamk you could very well be right.. either could be a possibility though.. if you YouTube ostacrusier and watch their video called ( Maverick x3 first rip ) about 7&1/2 minutes in is an example of snow sufficating the turbo.. just don't want him to rule out possible causes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a partical separator?? Assuming by what I can see in the video you have an xds turbo?? If so you could be getting snow into your intake clogging up the air flow to your turbo if you don't have a partical separator it happens on turbo models sometimes when the snow is deep enough and is a fresh powder if you're blasting threw drafts
I mean we had maybe 1-2 inches so nothing to deep for it. Plus I went out riding for maybe 5 minutes so I dont think that's the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ride in the snow 90% of the time and never had that happen once....I had a 14 Mav A 15 Turbo Mav like you have and now an X3 and never once

did any of them go into limp mode and I've hit many snowdrifts where the snow came right in the cabin....You may have a loose fitting on the intake.
I will double check and see if its loose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update!!
I went out riding today (No Snow) and had the same issue this time when I punch it in cold it throws it in to limp mode with the P0301 code.
After it warms up it occasionally throws the code. Not so often.
Not sure whats going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a hard start issue in very cold temps below 32F . Can Am recommended changing from 91 octane to 87 for colder weather. This did resolve my Maverick XC 1000R cold start issue. Maybe this will help !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Update!!
I went out riding today (No Snow) and had the same issue this time when I punch it in cold it throws it in to limp mode with the P0301 code.
After it warms up it occasionally throws the code. Not so often.
Not sure whats going on.
Hey Vadim.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing these concerns with your 2015 Can-Am Maverick Xr.

As you may know, our dealers are more than just sales people; they're the best positioned people to help you with most of your requests, as they are not only technically knowledgeable, but have a lot of information on hand at the dealership location. We would recommend that you reach out to them for technical assistance.

Please let us know if you have require any further assistance, we will be happy to help.

Kindest Regards.

David-BRPcare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts