Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
How many lights are you running now, and are you running mirror lights?
3 XL80s, 2 Squadron Pros and the Baja Design headlight kits. I also use two Baja Design SR2 amber lights for chase lights. No mirror lights. On my new car I may switch out the squadron pros to either a pair of XL80s or LP4s.

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
796 Posts
3 XL80s, 2 Squadron Pros and the Baja Design headlight kits. I also use two Baja Design SR2 amber lights for chase lights. No mirror lights. On my new car I may switch out the squadron pros to either a pair of XL80s or LP4s.
I am not sure what that all adds up to on Lumens but I am thinking you have a few more then me.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I am not sure what that all adds up to on Lumens but I am thinking you have a few more then me.
I don't think I am at 70,000. LOL!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No dunes for me, all back woods type trails. If you had to pick first, pair of xl80's or the headlight kit? The headlight kit is about 400$ in canuck bucks.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I would go with the XL80s first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iam_canadian22

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
It is supposed to have the 850watt stator. I believe all the RR models get it.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
456 Posts
It is supposed to have the 850watt stator. I believe all the RR models get it.

I've been trying to stay conservative on my electrical system because of the smaller stator. I wish mine came with the 850w like the 21s. I'm kind of jealous.

With the lighting you mentioned above, I assume you weren't using it all at once, correct? I see people install 50" bars that easily exceed their charging system.

By the way, you won’t be sorry with the LPS. A friend of mine talked me into them and I don't think I'd go back to XLs unless I had a space I was trying to make a light fit.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I've been trying to stay conservative on my electrical system because of the smaller stator. I wish mine came with the 850w like the 21s. I'm kind of jealous.

With the lighting you mentioned above, I assume you weren't using it all at once, correct? I see people install 50" bars that easily exceed their charging system.

By the way, you won’t be sorry with the LPS. A friend of mine talked me into them and I don't think I'd go back to XLs unless I had a space I was trying to make a light fit.
I would have them all on with my pumper and radio/intercom. If the volts dropped I would turn off my center spot XL80 and the volts would go back up. Fortunately, the night rides in the dunes are not crazy long. I never had an issue with the battery loosing juice. In the desert if riding at night I did not need all the lights to see.

I think with the bigger stator I should not have any issues.

Reactions: Cascade Crush
21 - 31 of 31 Posts