Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts? My 2500lb winch on my atv has dragged the Maverick out several snow banks... I do NOT run mud and most of the time I would be winching in snow or rock climbing which imo does not tax a winch like thick mud does.

Also I can run a swatch block and double my pulling power if I ever really get in a bind and the winch struggles.

I'm thinking a 3,000lb series winch with synthetic cable. Who has the lightest one?

·
Registered
400 Posts
i use a harbor freight 3000 lb and it works great and was only $55 :)

will prob change cable to rope at some point but allis good for now...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet.

Anyone else? Any place to look up weights of 3,000lb series winches? Like warn vs Viper vs superwinch vs mile marker, etc.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
look at kfiproducts.com they make some good winches. I've used them and never had an issue. customer service is excellent also. They have a stealth series that are all black with synthetic rope also.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look at kfiproducts.com they make some good winches. I've used them and never had an issue. customer service is excellent also. They have a stealth series that are all black with synthetic rope also.
Im liking the look of the KFI Stealth 3500. Now if only someone made a good looking front bumper with reciever mount. So you could run qd cables and put the winch on the front or back as needed.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Check with motoalliance
They had a front/rear removable setup for my ranger...no reason why you couldnt convert it to your mav???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts