Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I weighed my base model stock tire and rim combo. Front 31lbs and rear 39lbs. Now go to Bighorn web site and see what the Bighorn weighs and subtract the tire and you will have your base model wheel weight.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just weighed some ITP Evolution Tires ONLY, 8 Ply 28x9x14's 29.4lbs Rears 28x10x14 31.5lbs Mounted on STI Slik Kote 14x7 Beadlocks Front-44.4 Rear 46.5 / Circum.- Same size as 27 Bighorns

·
Registered
395 Posts
First set of numbers Tires only. Where it says mounted -Tire & Wheel Total weights. Keep in mind that's moving up to a 14" Wheel and going up to 8 ply rating.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hot set up for lighter wheel/tire combo might be, which I may try this for racing. The 26x9x12 GBC Dirt Commanders on Base model wheels. And I think that would be a very light 8 ply set up. I don't think you would ever roll them off the wheel being 8 ply.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just bought 4 Evo's to try next weekend. Front 28x9x14 Rear 28x10x14 Stood them up beside the stock Bighorns, same height as the 27 BH's. The 10's on the rear is a couple pounds heavier then the 9's, but a couple pounds lighter then the 11's. In most cases a 6 ply tire will have more side bite then a 8 ply tire will. Because a Bighorn with 6 plys if you notice in a corner there is a lot of sidewall flex, which equals side bite where as a 8 ply has little or no flex. Which will break loose easier in most cases, but way more durable, less sidewall cuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts