Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious what type of lighted whips everyone likes the best.
I used Tribal led whips for years and last year I switched to Safeglow Fiber optic type.
I LOVE them!! So what type do you like & why!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I quit running them after breaking my 3rd one :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'd get that fiber optic one if it wasn't so damn expensive!
My tribal whips would always leak and then I kept breaking them so I bought the safeglow fiber optic and problem solved.
Tribal would always replace them but it got to be a too much hassle. They say the fiber optic wont break even in a roll over, not that I want to test that. I also think there more visible. Just bite the bullet and be done with it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two safe glow whips here.

Durable but not cheap
I also run 2 safeglow's and your right there not cheap but if they last then they will be well worth the cost.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: AlternativeOffroad

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just checked out your website, and damn, I'm going to get me one. Now I just need some input on whether I should get a red one, or a white one? And also, should I get a six foot or four foot? You guys running the six footer, does it whip around too much, or are you happy with it?
I run two 4' whips on each side of the cage at the back. That way they dont hit each other. Its the perfect set up and very visible. The 6' on the cage top will bang into each other.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can you snap a pic of how you mounted yours?
Here is a picture of the tab's I welded into each corner at the back top of the cage.

Reactions: RTB

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Go with white, they light up around your car and act as a tall dome light, so you can find your adult beverages in your cooler at night.
Never thought of that but true. I run red now but was thinking about changing to Amber. Then I can sell the red ones with the Teryx.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yep! All the fibers we sell include the quick mount
Can you post a picture of the quick mount?
The one I'm talking about is a "quick disconnect" similar to what air tools have.
Is this what your talking about?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ok different brand of light.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I run a 4' bright white from Tribal whips. Lost my flag on first ride (slides right over the rubber cap) nuthin a zip tie can't fix but after $90 its a little annoying.
I also do the zip tie trick. I haven't a problem with my flags coming off anymore.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
That's a good idea also.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
You guys are lucky you can do that kinda stuff with the light whips. I can do the lighted whip but I can't use it as a safety flag at the dunes because the rule at Silver Lake sand dunes in Michigan is that you must have a flag that reaches 10 ft at the front bumper. I suppose I could make a base whip that is 4-6 feet than attach a light whip but I don't think that would look good.
Attached to the front bumper...????? that just seems like a stupid rule. How can you keep it from banging into the vehicle constantly?
The only reason I can think they want it on the front is so it might be seen sooner before a collision? Idk.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I am 3 hrs away from Glamis and in the summer it is usually over 100 everyday. Oct is the change of season and most people consider Halloween to be the beginning of desert season. Most people stop going to the desert around Easter but some diehards go into May. You can do summertime all night rides but it gets hot quickly in the mornings.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Sorry but that front flag looks funky. If it was mounted on the cage it would be higher and more visible.

Reactions: Megadesertdiesel

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I was out there this yr at pres day & it was awesome. In march it does start to warm up but not til noon or so. So the 1st half of the day and evenings are the best time to ride.

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same thing about the whip being in your line of sight.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I live as far west as you can go, San Diego Cali and I don't have that kind of heat. I live only a few blocks from the ocean. :)
No problem with plastics melting.

Reactions: HandyManDan
1 - 20 of 41 Posts