Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious what type of lighted whips everyone likes the best.
I used Tribal led whips for years and last year I switched to Safeglow Fiber optic type.
I LOVE them!! So what type do you like & why!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I quit running them after breaking my 3rd one :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'd get that fiber optic one if it wasn't so damn expensive!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I quit running them after breaking my 3rd one :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'd get that fiber optic one if it wasn't so damn expensive!
My tribal whips would always leak and then I kept breaking them so I bought the safeglow fiber optic and problem solved.
Tribal would always replace them but it got to be a too much hassle. They say the fiber optic wont break even in a roll over, not that I want to test that. I also think there more visible. Just bite the bullet and be done with it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two safe glow whips here.

Durable but not cheap
I also run 2 safeglow's and your right there not cheap but if they last then they will be well worth the cost.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We personally run Safeglos and love them. Tribals are cool and it seems that they have fixed their leaking issue but they were never bright enough for me. They just came out with their new Whipzilla which is apparently brighter than even the Safeglo but we have yet to test it out. Either way both companies make solid products

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I checked eBay, and the Safeglow whips are only $119 for 4' and $129 for 6'. A lot better than the $175 that I remember!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: AlternativeOffroad

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I just checked out your website, and damn, I'm going to get me one. Now I just need some input on whether I should get a red one, or a white one? And also, should I get a six foot or four foot? You guys running the six footer, does it whip around too much, or are you happy with it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just checked out your website, and damn, I'm going to get me one. Now I just need some input on whether I should get a red one, or a white one? And also, should I get a six foot or four foot? You guys running the six footer, does it whip around too much, or are you happy with it?
Personally I love white. And depending on where you mount it. If it's going towards the roof stick to a 4' if its going around the bed area go with a 6'. You don't want a 6' on the roof area it will whip around too much and be more prone to breaking

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I run two 4' whips on each side of the cage at the back. That way they dont hit each other. Its the perfect set up and very visible. The 6' on the cage top will bang into each other.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I run two 4' whips on each side of the cage at the back. That way they dont hit each other. Its the perfect set up and very visible. The 6' on the cage top will bang into each other.
Can you snap a pic of how you mounted yours?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you snap a pic of how you mounted yours?
Here is a picture of the tab's I welded into each corner at the back top of the cage.
whip tabs.jpg

Reactions: RTB

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
I agree. Mine hit my radio antenna and drove me nuts. So I cut them down to 4' and problem solved.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts