Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been looking at light bars for my X3 and I’ve read some threads and see that cheap is definitely not the way to go so I was wondering if you guys had any experience with some middle tier brands like roughy country or pro comp, or should I skip those as well, I’m looking at getting it between 40” to 48” any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Go big or go home, with light bars you get what you pay for. Baja Designs is brighter than anything else out there. Turns night into day. Wait for a sale, as they ain't cheap!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go big or go home, with light bars you get what you pay for. Baja Designs is brighter than anything else out there. Turns night into day. Wait for a sale, as they ain't cheap!
Oh ok thank you! Any dates that come mind when they have sales? I’m thinking of going with what mega said and doing the 10” shock tower light and some bumper lights as well

·
Registered
125 Posts
I concur with both Mega and Hollywood. Save up,,, buy once, cry once.

My Rzr had a high end 40" LB on it when I purchased it. (used) When I put lights on my X3, I installed a Rigid shock tower 10", (not very impressive to be honest, but I pulled it from my Rzr) and Baja De$ign$ X80's low on the A-pillars. I also recently installed the BD headlight kit. All are great,,, and as Mega said, the lower light locations are WAAY better as far as light pattern and reflection.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I concur with both Mega and Hollywood. Save up,,, buy once, cry once.

My Rzr had a high end 40" LB on it when I purchased it. (used) When I put lights on my X3, I installed a Rigid shock tower 10", (not very impressive to be honest, but I pulled it from my Rzr) and Baja De$ign$ X80's low on the A-pillars. I also recently installed the BD headlight kit. All are great,,, and as Mega said, the lower light locations are WAAY better as far as light pattern and reflection.
Reply yeah after Reading some threads I knew going real cheap was bad but there wasn’t really any info on the mid tier brands so I thought I’d ask, but yeah I’m gonna have to spend the money, I rather do that then spend $100 bucks and then have to spend more when I realize they suck or they stopped working lol

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Yeah I was looking at rigid, is BD worth the extra cash or is rigid pretty comparable?
Depends what your definition of comparable. Rigid is bright, but Baja Designs is a lot brighter. I have Rigid on the blue car, Baja Designs on the gold car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have BD XL80S on my bumper and definently can't be happier. Now i just need something for better side view, so I dont miss the turn to the trail 🤦‍♂️

The night pictures don't do it justice, but it definitely shines all the way down the street.
661 Bakersfield?
that looks sweet! You can definitely see the quality in the lighting, I have friends with 40”+ light bar that don’t even compare,
I’m really leaning towards the 10” shock tower light, and I’m from wasco so like 15 minutes away from Bakersfield, but I’m there every day, that’s where I work lol

·
Registered
2019 XRS
8 Posts
When you want to check them out, let me know. Im in Bakersfield SW. Maverick Community right. But, you won't go wrong with Baja Designs. Just depends what kind of set up you're looking for.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When you want to check them out, let me know. Im in Bakersfield SW. Maverick Community right. But, you won't go wrong with Baja Designs. Just depends what kind of set up you're looking for.
Thanks brotha, appreciate it! Where do you ride locally? I’ve been riding in McFarland’s pose creek, it’s ok for what it is.

·
Registered
2019 XRS
8 Posts
I've heard a lot of people going there. Ya, its just something to get out, but these machines were built for more than just playing in the backyard. I just came back from Dove Springs for Memorial Day wknd. Miles and miles of all kinds of trails, but maybe this can be a whole other post lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've heard a lot of people going there. Ya, its just something to get out, but these machines were built for more than just playing in the backyard. I just came back from Dove Springs for Memorial Day wknd. Miles and miles of all kinds of trails, but maybe this can be a whole other post lol.
That looks awesome! I need to go out there and let it rip!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah I was looking at rigid, is BD worth the extra cash or is rigid pretty comparable?
I've had 3 of the high/er end brands,,,, Vision One, Rigid, and BD. In my experience, the BD's are significantly better than the other two. (Rigid above V-one IMO)

I have BD XL80S on my bumper and definently can't be happier. Now i just need something for better side view, so I dont miss the turn to the trail
I mounted a couple of the Squadron Sports with a flood lens at roof level just above my rear rezzi's, pointed out at a 45ish degree angle. That works GREAT for catching stuff off to the side.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
I run rc on all my stuff. No complaints, no failures. We also have rigid on some of our other buggies (had 1 cube go out)

I really can’t see any difference between the 2 except price.
Rc makes a 40” bar is 38000 lumen and a 19.5k I went with the 19.5 on mine. The 38k is close to 400 watts. Can still see 1/2 mile at night with the 19.5, plus at 300 bucks they won’t break the bank.

I can’t comment on the Baja lights, never had a set. But I can vouch for rc’s. Ours have been through damn near everything. Multiple trucks and tractors that sit outside in snow, ice, and rain all year in Michigan, roll overs, and submerged.

When you do start getting into the dual row lights they do become “big looking” on the buggy if mounted at or above the roof line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 8 of the big money KC lights on my X and they make the Chinese light bar seem like a candle.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts