Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, 2015 Maverick Max XDS Turbo in search of a reasonably priced straight light bar. What say you?

·
Premium Member
11,785 Posts
You get what you pay for......

Baja Designs

Reactions: Kamprod1

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Bumper lights, overhead lights are useless. Reflect off Hood and falling dust, lighting down low is 10x better. You get what you pay for in lighting, cheaper lights are not focused and pull more amps than they are worth.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, 2015 Maverick Max XDS Turbo in search of a reasonably priced straight light bar. What say you?
In my opinion, there are really two ways to go:

1) Amazon stuff, like Auxbeam. It's cheap, does throw light, won't last forever.
2) Rigid. You're going to pay dearly, but it's going to be solid, and last (or be backed up) forever.

I've gone route #1 with my machines, since I can replace them like 10 times for the cost of Rigid. So far, I haven't had to replace any of them.

Also, be aware that all of the inexpensive lights, and a surprising number of more expensive lights overstate their wattage by anywhere from 3x to 10x. Yes, I've amped some of them out at 1/10th of the power they claim to make. But, even then, a "300W light bar" that actually throws 30W, and costs $35, isn't bad, just over-marketed.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Baja designs lights mounted lower on the car. Overhead light bars have way too much glare and if dusty it’s miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just put a set of Rigid D-SS Pro light pods on my car and I can't imagine someone needing more light. They provide around 120 degrees of light output due to the 'side shooter' LED's on the edges, aren't as heavy/bulky as a light bar, and IMO just a lot cleaner. Highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I have ordered the baja designs 10 inch shock mount bar light.. I will also add the 4 inch laser lights once my rack comes in

·
Registered
155 Posts
That Baja Designs Shock Tower mount with the 10" ON 6 "plus" is at the top of my list...I haven't seen one in action at night yet so I am waiting. The high/low switch is nice; 12k Lumens or 9k Lumens approx.

BD or Rigid is about it for the highest output and least wasted voltage. Your customer service experience my vary: compare warranty service between them. I have the Rigid "Reflect" mirrors and driving light combo along with BD Sol-Tek HID's on the bumper.

As for the light...I prefer the HID light and its ability to project long distance which I miss from the LEDs. The LED pattern is very consistent with no "hot" spots to speak of but only out to about 100 yards.

Power consumption is quite different, the HID requires more amps at start up than LED but less during operation. LED requires the same the entire time it is on.

Dwayne

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
That Baja Designs Shock Tower mount with the 10" ON 6 "plus" is at the top of my list...I haven't seen one in action at night yet so I am waiting. The high/low switch is nice; 12k Lumens or 9k Lumens approx.
I will take some pics once installed and its dark enough

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
301 Posts
I will take some pics once installed and its dark enough
Please do post pictures Rob. I’m also considering the 10” BD with shock mount but I’m anxious to see results as I recall seeing comments on this forum that people compared the 10” light to output of factory headlights, meaning they put out about the same as headlights. If I spend the money on the shock tower light, I would hope it adds significantly to the headlights. Otherwise what’s the point?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts