Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I had a buying frenzy yesterday getting a bunch of stuff for my Maverick which is still about two weeks out for delivery.

I snagged up this light bar from eBay.
40" LED Off Road Totron Light Bar Rigid DC Series 19200 Lumens CREE RZR Can Am | eBay

The seller upped the price today to $549, I bought the very same one yesterday for $349, free shipping.

Well, I probably should have asked before I pulled the trigger but what y'all think about the bar? Anyone running the same one?
I've read that Totron light bars are the better ones amongst the cheap bars, so I was somewhat confident that it will be ok for my recreational usage.

It draws 240Watt, I guess I should upgrade my battery?

Thanks a bunch

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
that's a great light bar lots of us run it , great deal

·
Registered
394 Posts
Probably trying to take advantage of the folks that want it for Xmas....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It really is a kick @** light. Great luck with it. I am mounting a 13.5" now on the front bumper Totron also, but that is steep. Most of us on here get them from the group buy I think for $400.

Regarding 240 watts....Keep in mind your stock factor headlights draw 220. I just run with my headlights off and light bar on, i haven't had any issues even with stereo on, but i do have dual batteries.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Psh I got a no Same one direct from china 180w and 167.99 ship and all, Hooked it up last night its awesome...Also its cree
It's not the same one and the one you bought is not CREE it's epistar I promise you this. Not to mention the one you bought was either a single row 40 inch or a double row 30 inch because a 180Watt 40 Inch double row does not exist as far as I know. I have sold over 300 light bars in the last 5 years so I kind of know what I'm talking about.

You have to be careful when buying light bars on eBay. This light bar has pics of the china direct epistar and the totron cree. You don't know which one you will get for 549.99. Anytime you buy from "China" on ebay you are 99.9% of the time buying EPISTAR and not CREE. The CREE bulb is much better then the EPISTAR and cost considerably more manufacturer then the EPISTAR.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup. I agree. Even IF it was a Totron, they have more than one model, so very unlikely he got the same one for that price.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just bought a Rigid SR-40. I didn't want to take a chance on the China light bar. I have plenty of friends that have good luck with them though. We'll see how my Rigid does this weekend in Glamis.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
anything other than Rigid is a greenish/brown turd in my opinion.
I am actually surprised to hear you say that as you seem to be pretty good at finding ways to save a buck.....what makes the Totrons and other knock offs junk when compared to the Rigid's and not worth the money?

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Nothing lol you don't see many people talking about there china off brand not working atleast I haven't you can buy 3 off brand for one rigid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am actually surprised to hear you say that as you seem to be pretty good at finding ways to save a buck.....what makes the Totrons and other knock offs junk when compared to the Rigid's and not worth the money?
Here we go again!!!?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am all about buying an American product if I have a choice. But I am not going to spend 3X on one that is not 3X better.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here we go again!!!?

sorry.....didn't intend to stoke the already smoldering fire on this one.....it was meant more as a direct comment to Mega than to everyone. As he is always posting good ideas he has come up with that he could do himself and save from having to buy something.....was just curious why he in particular was so against anything but Rigid....

·
Registered
410 Posts
sorry.....didn't intend to stoke the already smoldering fire on this one.....it was meant more as a direct comment to Mega than to everyone. As he is always posting good ideas he has come up with that he could do himself and save from having to buy something.....was just curious why he in particular was so against anything but Rigid....
No apology necessary.... I'm just messing with you. But this topic always gets........ Interesting

1 - 20 of 40 Posts