Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 42" light bar, the hole where you mount the bracket to (center hole) is broken out, pot metal junk. I got it free , any way to fix this light bar? does anymone make any mounting caps or such?
lightbar.jpg

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Drill out and tap for a Heli-Coil or TimeSert thread repair unit would be what I'd try.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, yep, may try that. bout a 1/4 of what little mount spot is broken off, not sure what brand it is, no decal, but all look alike that ive seen.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have had this happen a few times when we were selling the low end light bars. What we did was drill it all the way through and JB weld a nut on the inside. A heli coil might work too. People like to crank these down when they don't have to be that tight.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks swerveoffroad!

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
:wink:
if it was rigid he wouldn't have got it fo free
Yeah for what a rigid cost they should come with more than a warranty. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep, was given to me free, was warrantied but never called back, so he said here ya go

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's why I went with rigid.If you got a problem they take care of it or replace it.Then some china clone.that takes a year to get warranty on.Plus my 40 rigid new was around $500.Not much more anways

·
Registered
446 Posts
You can say what you want about these cheaper LED bars. I have a 30" rigid on my maverick and these cheap lights can not compare on the light output and the pattern. I have a 20" Cree knock off on my truck and it's not much brighter than my headlights.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well you got a hell of a deal if you got it for $500. Is it a single row?

·
Premium Member
8,366 Posts
Good deals are to be found on rigid lights. I waited for a year to find s sweet deal. I bought all three of my lights for $800 cash. Yes they were new.

·
Registered
218 Posts
One main question. Will Rigid warranty it if you damage it in a roll over?

·
Registered
313 Posts
They exchanged one I had killed on a rollover on my renegade .It was a demo thou.But I was ok with that.Better then being out a lot of coin.Rigids customer service is second to none

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kind of what I thought. Makes the un-named ones a little more appealing to me anyways.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts