Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will gorilla or highlifter get there hands on the maverick and how do y'all think it will hold up lifted compared to the commander???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Prob still testing it to make sure it holds up idk but i have two shops want n mine for a template to make snorkels and bracket lifts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I snorkled my commander its really easy if u need help with the Mav let me know I'll have both at river run Monday and tues I u like how the commander looks we can do yours. U only live an hour away.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I leave monday back to work 21 days offshore wish i would have take n off till the 2nd so i could ride new years but im already taking 5 days off in march for nationals

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My rig was in Henderson for the last year we just moved to Odessa last week, I sure miss being that close to home

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ive worked in Henderson and Odessa. Don't care to ever go back to either lol. Driller stay out of Hooters down there in Odessa haha them girls are wild!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's gonna take more than skanky hooters girls to get me in trouble babe. Henderson wasn't bad but Odessa is truly the armpit of america

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sweet, Do you have axels ready for the maverick yet? Do you have a price on the Stage 1 lift yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We do have axles ready, retail is $415.00. Just finished Stage 1 build, should have them ready to sell by 1st of February. Got 3'' out of front and 2'' out of rear w/factory axles. Front is direct bolt on, rear will require drilling 2 10mm holes. Price not set yet but should be in line w/Commander at $249.00.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am thinking of running a lift kit for pit racing but would like to run stock angles for smoothness and reliability the rest of the time. Would the kit be easy to install and uninstall?

Also if I was buying axels with the kit (to run with and without the kit) would you recommend stock length?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am thinking of running a lift kit for pit racing but would like to run stock angles for smoothness and reliability the rest of the time. Would the kit be easy to install and uninstall?

The most time consuming part of the kit is drilling the 2 holes in the rear arms, once that's done it's easy, I'd say hour tops for basic guy w/basic tools.

Also if I was buying axels with the kit (to run with and without the kit) would you recommend stock length?

This kit will use stock length axles. Our stock length axles work w/all of our Stage 1 lift kits.

Thanks

·
Registered
791 Posts
That sounds great. I suppose one could also back the preload right off on the springs and that would get you back to lower angles and a smoother ride as well?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have not adjusted the preloads on this machine. There are several inches available both ways for adjustment. I figure you could get at least another inch of lift just by adjusting the preloads up, maybe more

1 - 20 of 58 Posts