Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 3-4" lift and 34 terminator tires for my max. the max is a little low for its long wheel base. also I live in northern alberta where there is lots of mud and muskeg on our trails. I enjoy driving fast and was wondering how much the top speed would be affected. Also if there is a particular brand of lift that was better or one to stay away from. Is there a shorter life out of the cv joints due to the angle increase? What about wheel bearing life? will I lose a lot of stability in high speed cornering? I am not racing the max or anything. please give feedback based on your experience or experience of guys you have road with or talked to first hand. Thank-you.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
S three and Highlifter make the best lifts for the maverick. S3 is a 3, Highlifter is a 4. The max is a massive platform. I wouldn't worry about top heaviness. very stable platform

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've installed both S3 & HL. Both good products. I have a HL on mine.
I have also sent back a SuperAtv, if that says anything.

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
502 Posts
With the larger diameter tire u Should pick up a mph or two it will just be slower of the line.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you guys running clutch upgrades with the larger tires? I noticed that these lift kits work off the idea of moving the shock more straight up and down to achieve lift. do you notice a difference in ride stiffness and there will be a small adjustment in the travel at the wheel with the shock this way. do you notice that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you guys running clutch upgrades with the larger tires? I noticed that these lift kits work off the idea of moving the shock more straight up and down to achieve lift. do you notice a difference in ride stiffness and there will be a small adjustment in the travel at the wheel with the shock this way. do you notice that?
so I got my 4" lift installed and yes the ride is way harsher and the travel is substantially reduced. I'm taking it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hate to hear about that. I never get out of low gear down here. Guess I should have told u that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Driller77 did you do the gureilla axels?? also have you done any snorkels how hard were those changes. On the S3 kit or the highlifter is the uppershock mount bolt on or welding?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Both hl and S3 bolt on front and back, I'm still running the stock axles and have a lot of faith in stock axles. I've broken two but both were totally my fault and broke them before I lifted it. The snorkels are time consuming and a little tricky but in my opinion anybody with enough patients and time can do a really good job. Just make sure to run TWO snorkels from your air box to compensate for all the angles and distance from the box. I originally did one and could feel the power loss, after I did the second it felt like it did with 27 inch tires! There are companies that sell kits if u don't have time to make it yourself. Don't have any good pics of my snorkels to post tho

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just put my snorkel on this weekend, it was a kit but it only has one air breather for the engine it didn't really get extended to far
just from the passager floor board up to the cage. Crap u think I still need more, I haven't had time to test it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts