Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Alex reed a month or so ago and picked his brain about lifted rig suspension. We talked for about 40 minutes about what I was trying to accomplish and how to get there. He sent me some springs to try out. Finally installed them yesterday and after a few preload adjustments, all i can say is wow what a difference. I have a 4 inch Highlifter lifted maverick that rides like a caddy. Just wanted to say thanks again Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And sorry about the pic orientation, I'm computer illiterate

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Is the springs all you changed out? Are the shock internals still stock?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Set the shocks up how he told me. I don't remember the settings. It was still too stiff so he shipped me some springs that were softer and longer. Made a huge difference as far as ride quality goes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey driller do you happen to know how much your overall height changed on your mav? Just wondering cause I want to lift mine but worried about it not fitting in my toy hauler

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
78.5 inches. Just measured it. That's bound down to my trailer.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's 32 inch tires mavxxc, and you will have to get with Alex on spring selection. I've got the bigger 2.5 fox shocks so I think he would have to send u something different. He said the spring is softer and longer. As for exactly what it is I don't know.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Alex is AREED, a supporting vendor in this thread.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Dammit. You beat me.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not to sound stupid but who is Alex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Alex is honestly one of coolest guys on this forum, not trying to kiss his boody or toot his horn it's just the truth as you read through threads you will see he is very quick to help usually he will answer you within an hour, Thats Awesome. The best part is all the goodies he makes for his own bike we can buy from him, so he does the testing then lets us know how it goes in real world situations. You know what if no body has told you lately Thank you, Alex!!!! I know just by reading through some threads you have helped me more than you know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with all of the above! I am a mud guy before anything else so I know exactly what your talking about. Great to know Alex can help with both ends of the spectrum. I just received my reworked dual spring set up from him this morning. Awesome to deal will and very willing to educate. This is the first of several mods from Alex and his crew.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts