Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna a make my steering setup bullet proof. Maybe swapping spindles from side to side and running a gear one rzr steering box and putting the tie rods in front of the tire instead of behind ? Any thoughts or ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Why would you want the tie rods in front of the spindles? I've always heard it's more desirable to have them behind. In front would certainly make them more vulnerable to impact/crash damage.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll greatly reduce bump steer and wear and tear on the machine. Especially the steering rack

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It'll greatly reduce bump steer and wear and tear on the machine. Especially the steering rack

how will it do that? Relocating the tie rods in front will just create equal but opposite forces on the steering system from what I can see.....help me understand.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Is it because the front of the wheel takes more impacts than the rear, therefore by moving to the front it would take off some of the leverage?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, a lot less leverage. Hey Alex, do you have any more info or pictures? I'm thinking a commander gear one rack adapted to the Mav splines and swapping sides on the spindles? Am I on the right track?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Look at Marc Burnett's desert car. His is mounted in the front. You'll most likely have to move the radiator to the rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts