Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright for those of you who are unfortunate like me and live in a cold climate lets see what you've done to survive the weather.

I'm running the EMP roof and windshield, some eBay hard rear window, Utv inc. doors, and am in the process of building a cab.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
here is my winter setup.....it gets to muddy up here in the winter to ride and way to cold to break out the pressure washer so I pull out the winter toys and head up into the mountains!

P1030269.jpg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Here is mine

image.jpg

Reactions: MiMav

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man I always liked sleds but we don't get enough snow here to make them worth the money

Reactions: BigShow

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I like the switch where did u get it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here we go just finished building my cab. Man it was a ton of work.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
that should do the trick.....have you ridden it yet? How much louder is it now and does it stay warm inside?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I spy an Evo X MR in the background... I sold mine recently. Loved that car. I extremely regret selling it especially after all the money I dumped into it :( That is the better winter setup IMO... Because rallycar LOL
GSR it's my baby I love that car. It would be great in the snow if I had winter tires. It's sitting on pilot super sports right now so it has no traction in the white stuff.

that should do the trick.....have you ridden it yet? How much louder is it now and does it stay warm inside?
No I haven't had it out yet I'm waiting on the parts to come in from breaking the CV last week it should be back together Monday. I expect it will be louder but it's the price you pay to stay warm. And as for the heat the mav is usually hot inside so I would imagine that it will hold the heat well but if nothing else it'll keep the wind out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
GSR it's my baby I love that car. It would be great in the snow if I had winter tires. It's sitting on pilot super sports right now so it has no traction in the white stuff.

No I haven't had it out yet I'm waiting on the parts to come in from breaking the CV last week it should be back together Monday. I expect it will be louder but it's the price you pay to stay warm. And as for the heat the mav is usually hot inside so I would imagine that it will hold the heat well but if nothing else it'll keep the wind out.
I figured it was an MR or SE since it had a sunroof... I was close lol is that the Greddy front lip? Diggin the fog delete kit too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I figured it was an MR or SE since it had a sunroof... I was close lol is that the Greddy front lip? Diggin the fog delete kit too.
Yeah it's the greddy I hit a deer a few months ago and my insurance company was nice enough to buy it for me ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bezilla06......Nice setup. I installed CSI doors, and a different windshield. The problem I am having is cold air coming in from the open vent/slot on top of the dash coming from the outside vent on the hood. Do you have the same issue? Do you think it would it be ok to plug the slot that is on the inside of the cab or would that interfere with engine cooling?
Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bezilla06......Nice setup. I installed CSI doors, and a different windshield. The problem I am having is cold air coming in from the open vent/slot on top of the dash coming from the outside vent on the hood. Do you have the same issue? Do you think it would it be ok to plug the slot that is on the inside of the cab or would that interfere with engine cooling?
Thanks
I didn't plug it yet but you can tape over it. There is no mechanical function for it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't plug it yet but you can tape over it. There is no mechanical function for it.
We let me rephrase that the intake pulls from inside the cab but taping over that hole won't starve the intake air will find a way in somehow

1 - 20 of 38 Posts