Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing where to post rides and organize them???? Anyways who rides windrock and and wants to meet up and ride???

·
Registered
400 Posts
i'll go, rode this past sat nite on the club nite ride, post on commander board and you'll get responses: k9999 and xtcntn ride there a lot, also ride brimstone and wma

Reactions: BAMA-S

·
Registered
131 Posts
what kind of ride? we talking all G or black . Im taker if no G some black 65-120 mile plus and i can bring a cooler full of cold beverages. just dont want to drive 2 hr one way for a short ride to top of hill and back .

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We usually run 2-16-18-28-30-33- g1 to the north side then run either 57 or 54 to the flats when we go. I think tHesse numbers are right I have not been in a yr and a half. That's why I'd like to go with somebody that's been recently. May try to hook with Dan or Jody t they are locals and really now the area and how to squeeze a hundred miles outa day....

·
Registered
403 Posts
I may be heading to Brimstone at the end of August for the SXS Challenge. Brimstone isn't too far from Windrock.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We usually run 2-16-18-28-30-33- g1 to the north side then run either 57 or 54 to the flats when we go. I think tHesse numbers are right I have not been in a yr and a half. That's why I'd like to go with somebody that's been recently. May try to hook with Dan or Jody t they are locals and really now the area and how to squeeze a hundred miles outa day....
We usually get around 75-95 miles on Saturday but we almost NEVER stay on Windrock. Most of the time we just use a few Windrock trails to get to North Cumberland. We do most of our riding on North Cumberland (WMA). The trails over there are just so much better. A LOT less rocks! Don't get me wrong, I am glad Windrock exists and hope they will always be there and I will support them as much as I can. The problem is that you have to have two permits, Windrock and WMA. But trust me, it is worth it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I may be heading to Brimstone at the end of August for the SXS Challenge. Brimstone isn't too far from Windrock.
Yep, and you can ride from Windrock to Brimstone if you have a WMA permit. You can either run gravel roads most of the way (quickest) or you can choose to run a couple of trails (still have to run some gravel though) to get there. If I remember correctly, if you run the gravel roads you can get there in a couple of hours or less if you all a$$. It takes about 1hr 45min to get there if you drive the hwy. It doesn't make much difference if you go from Windrock to I75 to Onida to Huntsville or Windrock to Wartburg to Huntsville, the time is about the same.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, and you can ride from Windrock to Brimstone if you have a WMA permit. You can either run gravel roads most of the way (quickest) or you can choose to run a couple of trails (still have to run some gravel though) to get there. If I remember correctly, if you run the gravel roads you can get there in a couple of hours or less if you all a$$. It takes about 1hr 45min to get there if you drive the hwy. It doesn't make much difference if you go from Windrock to I75 to Onida to Huntsville or Windrock to Wartburg to Huntsville, the time is about the same.
Bad ride we may hit you up in a couple of weeks and see if you are riding. I have. Recall on my clutch bolt so I can't come up this weekend.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bad ride we may hit you up in a couple of weeks and see if you are riding. I have. Recall on my clutch bolt so I can't come up this weekend.....
I usually ride every Saturday but like I said, we ride North Cumberland so it takes another permit. We usually start around 9:00.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't ride brimstone anymore..i don't agree with their policies and the way they treat trails end but I wouldn't care to ride the north Cumberland unit. Ill be at trails end labor day weekend

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't ride brimstone anymore..i don't agree with their policies and the way they treat trails end but I wouldn't care to ride the north Cumberland unit. Ill be at trails end labor day weekend
Yeah, I agree, Brimstone screwed up. I won't be giving them any of my money either. There is some pretty good trails to the south west side of Brimstone. The land is owned by the University of Tennessee. You can ride all the way down to Goby. You have to skirt some Brimstone property to do it though but not much.

We ride from the house up Windrock 30 and various trails to get to the Flatts. Then we go past the Flatts to the paved road that drops off the mountain. We go straight across the pavement on to the gravel road to North Cumberland. We take the first trail to the right which comes back out on the gravel road then the first left. The next trail to the left is the Water Trail, we take it to the next trail to the left which is Puncheon Camp Creek trail which takes you to the Eternal Flame. We back track about 1/2 mile back to Eternal Flame trail which goes up the mountain. Then we head back home/Windrock. (Sometimes we go down to Smokey Junction to get a sandwich) Usually is around 75-85 miles.

As far as I know we are riding this Saturday.

·
Registered
400 Posts
roger where are you on t30? near the old schoolhouse?

·
Registered
91 Posts
roger where are you on t30? near the old schoolhouse?
No, I live in Frost Bottom. If you come down 28 toward 30 and you get to the bottom of the hill where you would turn left to go up 30 toward the schoolhouse you would turn right (you can see the pavement). Go over the hill, pass the "junkyard" and you will come to a stop sign. Turn left toward Hwy 330. I am about the 3-4 house on the right. There is a garage with a BIG awning infront of it.

Bama and any of you guys that come up to Windrock, if you need help with anything just stop. I keep some gas there, brake shoes, bearings, ball joints for Mavericks. I also have a mig welder, lathe, press, torch, UTV lift, air compressor, tire machine, all sorts of hand tools. I know how it is to be away from home and have problems.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I know where you are at, easy to get to, how do you get to t75?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Is trails end inside the Brimstone area? I went last year and stayed in a field during the SXS Challenge. We registered and paid at a tent back in town. Seems like a small hole-in-the-wall store was there with a campground next door.

·
Registered
400 Posts
that's trails end, technically it isn't inside of brimstone, it owns the land it sits on and directs people staying there to ride wma trails rather than buy brimstone pass and ride brimstone, real hard to ride there and not ride both, lots of history

1 - 20 of 24 Posts