Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm 6'5" I fit in my new Max okay but its tight and would like a little extra room. Im thinking about trimming that plastic on each side of the steering wheel above your knees. Has anyone seen a seat modification to move it back a couple of inches?

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
I'm 6'5 as well and I don't have any issues. Moving the seat back a little bit would help though, I've yet to do it.

·
Registered
87 Posts

I couldn't figure out how to move the seat, so I cut the dash. It does help me for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great. I figured that would help and didnt see a need for that plastic anyway. Thanks so much for the pics. Was cutting it required? I thought it may be removable but didnt look that hard at it yet.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Fill us in on how you accomplished that? Pics? :big smile:
There's a thread on hear with pics about it. Unscrew your seat from the base and you can reinstall about 1 1/2" back. Take those stupid rubber grommets off the rear, and weld a washer in its place. If you don't mind the seat being non adjustable you can take the slider mechanism out and put it on the passenger seat also

XPEE1k killer

·
Registered
87 Posts
That looks great. I figured that would help and didnt see a need for that plastic anyway. Thanks so much for the pics. Was cutting it required? I thought it may be removable but didnt look that hard at it yet.
A Dremel cutting wheel was what was used. Followed the stock lines, real easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts