Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been answered before but I couldn't find it doing a search...looking above the left rear tire, up around the battery, I see an empty plug. Not sure where it is going to due to it disappearing behind the plastic. Does anyone know where it leads to? What it is there for, etc?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
8 people have looked at this but no replies....nobody has noticed this on their Maverick? I have had mine for a month....hmmm. Should I take a picture and post it?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
3rd brake light wiring for the add on box ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am sure this has been answered before but I couldn't find it doing a search...looking above the left rear tire, up around the battery, I see an empty plug. Not sure where it is going to due to it disappearing behind the plastic. Does anyone know where it leads to? What it is there for, etc?
That plug is for the LED lights on the cargo box. I know, because that's where I connected mine.
I hope that helps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great...thanks so much. I don't have the cargo box so not sure what I would/could use it for, but nice to know what its purpose is.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Great...thanks so much. I don't have the cargo box so not sure what I would/could use it for, but nice to know what its purpose is.
Lighted whips, cargo light, anti-collision light, or just about any other add-on requireing 12v. I used it to power my quik light whips. There's another weather pack (Delphi) connector behind the center dash panel as well.

Reactions: Soarksi

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am thinking about buying a 40 in light for the front...would I run it to the empty switch behind the center dash panel?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I did. I don't remeber if the plug is the male or the female, but you can either get a weather pack plug and pins and wire the plug yourself, or find an auto parts that has pre wired Delphi style plugs. I found these at Pep Boys Auto Parts, and keep them for quick repairs if need be.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Anyone know where this rear plug leads to...got my whip and interior leds on it but want to have a switch on the dash instead of it being on with the key

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It is tied into the 12vdc switch power source for accessories. Not sure how or where the wire routes from the rear up to the front though.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts