Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. For those who are running Led Spiral whips have a few questions for you?

I'm having some Sick custom whips being built and wanted to get some feedback.

1. What length whip do you prefer?
2. Flexible or Non Flexible.
3. Blutooth or remote?
4. Max price you would pay or have paid?

Here are the options my whips have so far.
1. Lifetime Guarantee
2. Double the # of LEDs of the next highest competitor. 600+leds in a 4ft whip.
3. All Stainless Steel quick release base.
4. Wires ran and hidden thru base.
5. will have Viton seal between base and quick release to prevent movement and create a water proof seal.
6. Blutooth option. With pairs you will have the ability to integrate brake lights and turn signals thru the whips.

If you might be interested in my whips let me know. Pricing should be competitive with the other high end whip companies.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
612 Posts
If you’re putting them on a roof...4 ft length. If in the bed 6 ft length. Some riding areas have a length requirement so check that out where ever you might be riding.

Blue tooth is nice so other people don’t change your setup with their RF remotes but that means you have to figure out of to connect to it...sometimes a pain.

Flexible! I don’t know anyone that hasn’t accidentally driven into their trailer or garage and forgot to take them off.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
612 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I wish 5150 would make a 5' whip which seems to fit best for mounting placement and riding the Oregon dunes.
4' is too short and 6' is too long.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Have you tried calling them? Easy to deal with over the phone. Just might be a chance they would make you 5ft ones.
No I haven't, the family runs Firestick/Whip It and recommended them, 1/2 the price of 5150s when I added accessories.
So far so good with a lot of abuse in the Oregon ATV dune trails they've held up well and no one's have broke.

If I start breaking those I'll give them a call.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Firestik is an excellent product. Use them still on all the family's quads. The young ones roll the bikes every once in awhile and have had no issues with the Firestik whips breaking. About the only issue is that the spring starts to rust with time, but that should be expected with the environment.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Firestik is an excellent product. Use them still on all the family's quads. The young ones roll the bikes every once in awhile and have had no issues with the Firestik whips breaking. About the only issue is that the spring starts to rust with time, but that should be expected with the environment.
Yup the springs.... they are the culprit of that type whip/flag. They will typically bend over time as well but really offer the best protection. Lot's of low tree branch as you know out here.

I position mine with a matching bends....lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts