Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some LEDs to my 2017 X3 RS. Its Triple Black. I am looking at the OEM X3 Chase Lights, but I want some accent lighting and 1, possibly 2 LED whips. Is there any kit that will sync up with the OEM chase lights or a way to make one control work all lights?

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
I know you're asking about OEM, but my Rigid chase lights have 5 different functions. They are on as soon as the engine starts, and work in unison with the brake lights. The other 3 functions you will need switches. Bed lights, back up lights, and strobe / chase lights. Just showing you options.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey thanks for the reply. Would you happen to have pics or link to video anywhere? I was actually looking at Rigid as well as I just found out about them earlier while searching. Im more of a visual person, and saw the OEM one but it doesnt look like can-am makes any other LEDs besides those, and I want some accent lighting and whips as well.

I know you're asking about OEM, but my Rigid chase lights have 5 different functions. They are on as soon as the engine starts, and work in unison with the brake lights. The other 3 functions you will need switches. Bed lights, back up lights, and strobe / chase lights. Just showing you options.

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Took this off my build thread. They are not on at the moment, but you should get the idea. I went with amber, but the bed and back up lights are bright white.

Attachments

Reactions: JediIke

·
Official Site Vendor
6,105 Posts
The RIGID Chase rear facing LED light adds safety and functionality to any UTV, rail, buggy, Jeep, or other off-road application by packing reverse, courtesy, strobe, running, and brake lights into a single compact package. A halo of powerful colored LEDs in red, amber, or blue around the perimeter of the aluminum housing can be used as a strobe (for racing and chase applications), running light, or third brake light. The center portion of the RIGID Chase functions as a 715 lumen white light suitable for use as a reverse or area light, and there’s also a smaller downward-facing courtesy light for illuminating the cargo area. Whether it’s used individually or wired in series, the Rigid Chase LED light is packed with features at a great value. Click on the links below for more info.

Features:
Halo Features 3 Modes; Strobe, Running, Brake
1.75” - 2.00” Adjustable Tube Mount
Integrated High Efficiency Aluminum Heat Sink
715 Lumen Rear Facing White LED Reverse/Area Light
168 Lumen Down Facing Courtesy/Cargo Light

Blue Rigid chase light
https://www.utvinc.com/rigid-90144-rear-face-chase-led-running-brake-flashing-light-blue/

Red Rigid chase light
https://www.utvinc.com/rigid-90133-rear-face-chase-led-running-brake-flashing-light-red/

Amber Rigid chase light
https://www.utvinc.com/rigid-90122-rear-face-chase-led-running-brake-flashing-light-amber/

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
i run an LED full chase bar from;
https://www.rlbstore.com/
since each set of lights has its own wire i think you can connect them to the whips etc. i like it since its only 2 mounts for a 30 inch bar. Not the highest quality stuff but it works.. Good luck with what ever you choose..you can never go wrong with RIGID stuff. I have run their light bars since they came out...by far the best made and brightest lights and made in MESA!

Split

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought the rigid chase light in amber last week from North Ridge 4x4 for $175. It's a really neat light with all the functions mentioned above. I didn't want the amber light coming on when I hit my brakes (street legality?) so I wired that function to its own switch so I have a bright rear running light on when I want it. I liked the brighter running light over the lower output, stands out better on the trail. Having the reverse light and cargo light are nice features too. Brighter than I expected to boot. I wired mine up to two switches that are on-off-on so I have two functions per switch to save room for other switches for future lighting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I've been looking at getting 2 rigid for my stock cage/roof on my rs but was trying to figure out exactly where they'd fit because I'm going to be running a plexi rear window for winter. Also I have my 6" waketower speakers back there and want everything to look uniform. Anyone have pics with stock setup?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I found Amazon Prime had the cheapest price $168 to $218. on Rigid, I just installed the OEM Can AM chase lights. I am not sure if I really like them tho. They have 11 different flashing functions and none of them are just a solid amber or flashing amber. All functions have a flashing blue and amber in different configurations. The Rigid seems a little more practical. Baja Designs has a decent rear light bar reasonably priced,, kinda thinking I might get one of those....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts