Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a compatible easy to
Install led light for the X DS RR x3 anyone have any idea? Can am one is 1700 $ that's a fuckin joke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but do they all fit good ? I know Amazon sells a ton but with the sport roof I want to make sure it as compatible brackets so it doesn't look like shiat

·
Registered
2017 CanAm X3 XRS
95 Posts
There are better choices for less than $1700 but I have always said A cheap plumber aint good and a good plumber aint cheap so dont buy a $200 dollar LED and expect it to perform like a Baja Design or Rigid, which are both in that price range or higher.

Google is going to be the best bet for finding a mount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baja Designs, enough said...
yes looking at that now, since i, not going to do that much Night driving here in EAST Canada , ill prob settle for the OnX6+ White 10 inch on front
but the harness looks solid but the switches are ugly as hell looks like there's 2 one for on and off and one for high beam. anyone have pics on where they mounted the switches

up front is where i would mount it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hide the high beam switch, use a normal rocker anywhere like all the other rockers. Get the highest lumen BD shock light or some pods on the pillars. Also eval how much and how fast you plan on running ‘in the thick of it’. It’ll make a diff if you need a combo or spot. I personally can’t seem to do over 40 at night in trails so my pods so far are enough in a combo setting. 7,000 ish lumens for the squadron sport, 16,000ish for the pro’s.

High speed dune running you’ll want something low to see the whoops.

Also realize when you stab it the front end goes way up, so you’ll have to adjust for that.
On6 is a good way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah but do they all fit good ? I know Amazon sells a ton but with the sport roof I want to make sure it as compatible brackets so it doesn't look like shiat
buy the correct brackets/brackets you want from amazon or another vendor, use your own switches if you don't like the ones included....I use aftermarket switches because I usually don't like the ones that light bars come with.

I have two light bars and three sets of Rigid pods....the two light bars are cheap Amazon and as you know Rigid lights are pricy. The Amazon light bars I have are amazing !.....I have beat them with tree branches and always wash them with a pressure washer....super bright, super waterproof and zero issues and 1/10th the price of Rigid.....I run Amazon light bars on two of my boats in saltwater and they work perfectly

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
buy the correct brackets/brackets you want from amazon or another vendor, use your own switches if you don't like the ones included....I use aftermarket switches because I usually don't like the ones that light bars come with.

I have two light bars and three sets of Rigid pods....the two light bars are cheap Amazon and as you know Rigid lights are pricy. The Amazon light bars I have are amazing !.....I have beat them with tree branches and always wash them with a pressure washer....super bright, super waterproof and zero issues and 1/10th the price of Rigid.....I run Amazon light bars on two of my boats in saltwater and they work perfectly
You’ve had better luck than I’ve had with cheap bars . I usually get water sloshing around at some point. Then a few led quit working and down hill from there. I bought rigid pods when I bought my x3 and haven’t had an issue yet . Knock on wood. I think I gave around 285$ for the pods so yeah kinda pricey but not as bad as bd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went with the cheap Amazon bars. Went with arsenal, came with brackets and a decent switch. The brackets were a perfect fit. My only complaint was the threads to bolt the bar on were just tapped into the body of the bar. I ended up installing time-sets for peice of mind. Works pretty damn good for 150.00 bucks. As others have said the front end picks up under WOT. Installing a shock tower bar next weekend
20191110_143939.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 40inch s8 bar up top and a 10inch s8 amber on the bumper and love them. I was going to go a cheaper route but then decided what the hell.

·
Registered
630 Posts
yes looking at that now, since i, not going to do that much Night driving here in EAST Canada , ill prob settle for the OnX6+ White 10 inch on front
but the harness looks solid but the switches are ugly as hell looks like there's 2 one for on and off and one for high beam. anyone have pics on where they mounted the switches
View attachment 258136
up front is where i would mount it.
BRP offers a 3 mode switch with harness, all plug and play. It has high/low/strobe. BRP # 715002885
I cut approximately 7' (yes feet) out of the harness and re-pinned the connector. I put the switch by the cup holders.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts