Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello< Just drove my sport tonight for the first time and I'm not liking the headlights at all, my JD lawn tractor has brighter lights. (WTF).

Does anybody make a LED replacement bulb for this machine, or any kind of a bulb that is brighter than stock, come on Can Am, get with it.

kenner

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree, why couldn't can am at least put in actual white light for the headlights. My light bar looks awesome until you look at the almost yellow and dim headlights.

After a little looking I think the headlights are H11 style and there are tons of led replacements on eBay. I have not pulled the trigger on any yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, H-11 are the correct number.
I installed 2 Auxito #DD-B7-H11 LED bulbs on my 2019 M/Sport 1000R.
They fit perfect, only problem they will only go into the low beam sockets, not enough room behind the high beam sockets, a plastic support bar comes accros from the grill and really limits the room on high beam bulbs.

kenner

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LED bulbs

Awesome. How much did they help?

I'm not 100% sure yet, I have not driven it at night, but when on in the garage it is a night and day difference, a real bright white light. From what I can see well worth the money.
kenner

·
Registered
54 Posts
As another option - X3 headlights mount right up to these machines. The wiring harness is slightly different, and would need an adapter made. The LED headlights for the X3 can be found at about $180 and up online.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
X3 headlight

As another option - X3 headlights mount right up to these machines. The wiring harness is slightly different, and would need an adapter made. The LED headlights for the X3 can be found at about $180 and up online.
Has any one tried the X3 headlights to see if they will fit?? What kind of wiring adaptor would a person need to make these work.

Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes they fit. There are two plugs on the sport/trail and 1 plug on the x3 headlights. Have to combine the ground wires and find the correct plug. It shouldnt be hard at all once you find out what style connectors to use. I plan to do this sometime.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I had a set of LED bulbs given to me to try out. El cheapos from Amazon with a built in fan. The difference is amazing. I’d say night and day. Lol

Factory highs

Factory

Aftermarket lows

Hard to say how long they will last. They are tucked up inside pretty good. I’ve had to put a small rubber flap for a splash guards on them as I’m sure the fan will get hit with water , mud etc without. But we’ll see how they do.
Can finally drive more than 40 at night in the tight trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
2019 MavS XMR
Although you already installed them, a word of CAUTION with LED headlight replacements that have fans for cooling. The fans are easily clogged with Mud and trail debris. Once the fans stop the bulbs life is on the line for heat damage. More importantly, when the fans stop, the socket can be so hot that it will melt and distort the headlight housing costing $$$ to replace !!

I can't speak enough about BeamTech H11's. I have them in my low beams and they are UNREAL compared to many other LEDs I have tested. This being said however, i too have had terrible luck with getting LEDs that fit in the High Beam sockets. The socket is narrow due to a piece of support plastic in the housing. I have ordered the bulbs below and will be trying these to install as they claim to be fanless and the same diminesions as a factory H11. Let you know !
These low beams cant be beat !! - BeamTech H11 ULTRA BRIGHT LEDs (Will NOT fit in the High Beam socket)

Ordered these for the High Beams and HOPEFULLY they will fit and be comparable to the BeamTechs. - Oxilm Factory Size Spec H11 LED

·
Registered
154 Posts
2019 MavS XMR
Although you already installed them, a word of CAUTION with LED headlight replacements that have fans for cooling. The fans are easily clogged with Mud and trail debris. Once the fans stop the bulbs life is on the line for heat damage. More importantly, when the fans stop, the socket can be so hot that it will melt and distort the headlight housing costing $$$ to replace !!

I can't speak enough about BeamTech H11's. I have them in my low beams and they are UNREAL compared to many other LEDs I have tested. This being said however, i too have had terrible luck with getting LEDs that fit in the High Beam sockets. The socket is narrow due to a piece of support plastic in the housing. I have ordered the bulbs below and will be trying these to install as they claim to be fanless and the same diminesions as a factory H11. Let you know !
These low beams cant be beat !! - BeamTech H11 ULTRA BRIGHT LEDs (Will NOT fit in the High Beam socket)

Ordered these for the High Beams and HOPEFULLY they will fit and be comparable to the BeamTechs. - Oxilm Factory Size Spec H11 LED

Great point about the fans, thought about that when searching. Nice to hear you are having good luck with them.

I was curious if these were made outside the US. Not that I care on certain items. Searching BeamTech you get a nice website, but with absolutely NO contact info or location.

Looking at the pics on Amazon, seems something was lost in translation, or I just ain't very learned.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
UPDATE - Although the Oxilm Factory Size Spec H11 LED claim to be nearly the same size as a factory H11, they are TOO LONG. I could not get these installed in my 19 XMR for high beams. So far my search for High Beam LEDs is a fail.....Due to the plastic housing around the high beam, any bulb that has a depth deeper than a factory bulb will NOT fit in the socket. I have now gone through (3) different LEDs with not a once fitting in the limited space. The search continues....

2019 MavS XMR

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What I did when I was installing my front Corbin turn signal kit is cut away approx. a 1/4" from the face of the plastic crossbar, now my LED's fit fine. No need to cut it completely off, just enough to fit bulbs in. It is a little bit of a job to get the light assy. out of machine in order to get at plastic crossbar that is in the way.
kenner

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just installed the Beamtech H11 in the low beams. Super easy to install they look much better and seem brighter. I haven't taken it out in the dark yet. They didn't seem to seal as tight as the factory bulbs, hopefully no water leaks in.

Below are two pictures. One side factory bulb the other the Beamtech. The bottom picture is the headlights projecting on my garage door from about a foot away. The light looks brighter and a much wider pattern.

Thank you XXXMR for the information on the bulbs!

Studio_20190711_203842.png
Studio_20190711_204052.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
LED lights

How much trouble is it to install the Beam units? Is there cut into the stock system? Is this plug and play for the low beams? I am 80 years old and my hands don't work as well as they did. Thank you any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How much trouble is it to install the Beam units? Is there cut into the stock system? Is this plug and play for the low beams? I am 80 years old and my hands don't work as well as they did. Thank you any help.
They are pretty easy, just plug and play for the low beams. The hardest part is getting the plastic plug clips undone without breaking the tabs. I used a small flat head screwdriver to help undo the clips. Don't plug them in all the way until you test them. If the polarity is reversed they won't work. If that happens just flip the plug around and they will work. Then you can put the plug together until it clips. If you can undo the clips and remove the factory bulbs your home free. Good luck! If you run into any issues let us know.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts