Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't think I need anything as large as the EMP box with Odyssey battery. Did you just order the Commander box online and how did you mount it under the seat? I'm not gonna run an isolator. I'm just planning on running it parallel with the factory battery.

You can look at the EMP battery tray for a commander and an Odyssey battery. I used a stock commander battery box and a stock maverick / commander battery. (same sizes) Tits under the seat nicely. That way you will end up with 540cca when both are connected. I pretty sure you could even get away with out an isolater.

This is good info. Thank you!

I have a 40" totron and HID high (50w) and low (35) beams and a 750W JL Marine amp'd stereo with a single battery. I'm planning on adding a second battery and isolator, but to my surprise, I've had no issues with this setup with everything on. While night riding we tend to take a break about every 45-60 minutes for about 15 minutes or so and I'll usually turn off the lights and let it run. I have ridden for about 5-6 consecutive hours at night like this with no issues.

I did just add a winch and I'm a little concerned that I might not have the juice immediately available for the winch during a night ride, so I'll probably add a second battery soon. Depending upon how much I'm loading the amplifier, I'm sure I'm near 650W at full load.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I actually had the box leftover from my commander. I put the emp setup in it. So I had the box and battery. I mounted it in the lh rear of the compartment. Knocked all the welded studs out of the box. I put 2 self taping screws in the 2 forward holes in the bottom. They are right over a brace. The other holes I used rivets to attach it to the panel. Remove the 2 screws when you want to remove the panel. Hope that paints decent picture.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What panel are you saying you attached it to? A pic would be fabulous. Can ya get me one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was running my battery down and getting a check engine light on my Commander when running a 40" and a 10" Rigid light bar. I thought it was the stater so I took it to the dealer. They thought the same thing so they replaced it and it didn't fix the problem. So they called Rigid and talked to an engineer and they figured out that the combination of a 40" & 10" light bar with the stock headlights working at the same time was to much for the stater to supply without draining the battery. So the simpest solution was to run my Commander with the ignition key turned all the way to the right where the stock headlights are turned off. After that I never had a problem.

I installed a 40" Rigid and 3-2" lights on my Maverick and run it the same way with the ignition key all the way to the right and it works just fine like in my Commander.

View attachment 8393
Gilles333 are these mounted with the Tusk vertical flag mount? If not what mount are you using? I like it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts