Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had trouble getting the seats latched back. Read on the forums that many have had problems with this. Some guys said to punch the back of the seat, bend the finger it latches to, stand in foot well and hit it like a linebacker, etc.. I figured it out last night.

To properly latch stubborn seats: Place seat into position. Sit in seat, then raise up and slam your ass back into the seat. That will latch it every time. And dropping a couple f-bombs helps too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My passenger seat is like that I found it works best to put your hand at the very top of the head rest when you slam it. No my driver seat is the opposite it's beyond loose and just falls into place

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Has anyone gotten rid of the adjustable seat slider on the drivers side. I thin that is where all of the wobble is coming from because my passenger seat is good and tight by the driver side is sloppier than a hostess at the bunny ranch! I ride with mine as far back as it can go anyways so I wouldn't mind ditching the adjuster if it tightens up the seat....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
how did you putthe seat onto the frame after removingthe slider? Did you just weld it on? Also, what are you using in place of the rubber feet? I was considering buying some hard rubber body mounts or bushings and modify them to replace the cheap rubber feeton the seats....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya my passenger side was tight to I bent the bottom post fwd more and the seat latch up and now u don't have to slam hard and it locks nice n tight

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If you loosen the 2 bolts for the latch post you'll find that there is actually a little bit of adjustment available so you don't have to bend the post. I've been able to adjust mine so tight I can't slam the seat to latch it. Best method for me is use both hands wrapped around the latch and the seat and squeeze it closed. Sometimes it takes both hands to get the latch opened too. One other reason the passenger side feels more stable is the width of the seat base is significantly more. When you move the two seat base rails so close together like on the drivers side you're going to get some instability even if you weld the base to the frame.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Has anyone gotten rid of the adjustable seat slider on the drivers side. I thin that is where all of the wobble is coming from because my passenger seat is good and tight by the driver side is sloppier than a hostess at the bunny ranch! I ride with mine as far back as it can go anyways so I wouldn't mind ditching the adjuster if it tightens up the seat....
So just how sloppy is the hostess at the bunny ranch?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So just how sloppy is the hostess at the bunny ranch?
Haha….I figured that would get someone's attention…..let's just say I have a "friend" and he told me that unless your name is Ron Jeremy or you are lucky enough to get hooked up with a newbie….you might want to consider taking a ride in the "back seat" since the "front seats" are pretty ragged out!!!:crying:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
how did you putthe seat onto the frame after removingthe slider? Did you just weld it on? Also, what are you using in place of the rubber feet? I was considering buying some hard rubber body mounts or bushings and modify them to replace the cheap rubber feeton the seats....
I did a wright up on here I think. I somehow bolted the seat onto the frame. And as for the rubber feet, I welded some washers in place of the rubber to make the steel part fit nicely over pins sticking up. I also had to cut a little bit of plastic out so that the seat would set down onto the frame. I will take ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374803323.836584.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374803359.578058.jpg a couple pictures of it for you. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374803392.560497.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374803419.808572.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374803441.314736.jpg The last picture is the ubolt that I welded to the frame so that it won't bend anymore.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and description….it looks like you now sit lower and tipped back a bit more….can you feel the difference?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Someone is going to get launch out of those Maverick seats one of these days. I'm sure there will be lawsuit to boot too. I think the design is not safe enough. Make sure you have a 4 or 5 point harness.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Someone is going to get launch out of those Maverick seats one of these days. I'm sure there will be lawsuit to boot too. I think the design is not safe enough. Make sure you have a 4 or 5 point harness.
Agreed….The seat actually came loose on me during my demo ride before I purchased mine. I do have 5 point harnesses that i just installed yesterday…..

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and description….it looks like you now sit lower and tipped back a bit more….can you feel the difference?
Yes, I definitely feel the difference. I think it's three quarters of an inch lower, and it does lean back more than stock. And again, without those rubber feet and having the seat base set right on the frame, the seat is a lot more stable.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Does anyone know if the latch design is different on the 2014 models? It really surprises me that BRP didn't do enough testing to know there is a problem and a potential for someone to get really hurt or worse killed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts