Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 xrs is in need of a way to keep my dual odyssey pc1200's charged. I have a 50" adapt light bar,rigid mirror lights,rigid bumper light,radio,e powersteering and Rockford stage 5 stereo. I can't even run 3 of these without overloading my teeny stator. Has anyone with large draws used the larue alternator kit? It looks like the best most cost effective solution.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
My 2017 xrs is in need of a way to keep my dual odyssey pc1200's charged. I have a 50" adapt light bar,rigid mirror lights,rigid bumper light,radio,e powersteering and Rockford stage 5 stereo. I can't even run 3 of these without overloading my teeny stator. Has anyone with large draws used the larue alternator kit? It looks like the best most cost effective solution.
I have everything you have, but with the dual 925 batteries, and e steering changed out to hydro steering. No issues with my 850 Watt Stator. I don't think this would work for you with still having the e steering. You have 2 choices do the alternator kit or do the Hydro steering, but you cannot do both as they use the same drive or I would have done both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have everything you have, but with the dual 925 batteries, and e steering changed out to hydro steering. No issues with my 850 Watt Stator. I don't think this would work for you with still having the e steering. You have 2 choices do the alternator kit or do the Hydro steering, but you cannot do both as they use the same drive or I would have done both.
I don't understand why I can't do both. The alternator kit just ups the charging amps and the epowersteering does not interfere physically it's just one of the draws

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh, now that makes sense. I wasn't even aware of a hydro kit for the x3 but after the pita installing epowersteering I love it. Now I just need to decide on a big turbo kit before my savings depreciate to nothing. Let's go Brandon

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Ahh, now that makes sense. I wasn't even aware of a hydro kit for the x3 but after the pita installing epowersteering I love it. Now I just need to decide on a big turbo kit before my savings depreciate to nothing. Let's go Brandon
Yes I was referring to Hydro or the Alt. One of the 2 can be used, but not both as they work off the same drive.

·
Official Site Vendor
8,717 Posts
I have the Larue kits. It will work with ePowersteering. Let me know if you want one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts