Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys im nathan! first off id like to say ive been reading this forum just about a year now, and you guys on this forum are some of the nicest, most knowledge able people out there, so let me begin!!! Im 22 from lacombe ab canada i bought my 2013 xrs last june, switch from a dirty old poo poo rzr s which i cant even compare to!!!

So ya we all know what a new maverick is all about so let me tell you guys what all ive done!!! I ride only mud muskeg and a lil of trail! So first thing i do is sport low switch, snorkel, rims and tires!!
oh and i built my own winch bumper! So i put 27" black mambas with sti 5x2 bead lock rims, no clutch kit at this time, machine was impressive, i could keep up to guys with 900rzrs on 32 inch terminators, i love the black mamba tires amazing tire!! But 27 wasnt tall enough!!! So i bought 30" silver backs and put them on factory rims, add a 3" super atv lift, front gusset kit, hd tie rods, epi mudder clutch kit, power commander 5, npp ( neils performance pipes) exhaust! Cvt blowers on the exhaust side of the clutch snorkles,

I have only ever had one issue, the vent line on the gear box cracked due to so much heat and then going into water so many times, garbage factory fuel line as a vent line!!!! So it got water in it and the gear box wrecked a couple bearings, the whole thing was replaced under warrenty!!! This machine is a tank, just point it where ya wanna go and pin on it!! Ive got 800 km on the machine in one summer all beer drinking mudding and water so high all you can see is the roll cage!! These things are one tough machine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Also from Lacombe, welcome

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad you are enjoying the new toy

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks!! And cool you buy your mav from turps or somewhere else??
Yup, wife picked it up from turps for me. You live in Lacombe awhile? Didn't know there was a exhaust place in E town. Is that a full system or just slip ons. And how much. They aren't answering their phone this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! And jaybird ya i do recommend changing it out! The factory line is 3/8 fuel line and over time the rubber got brittal an cracked from the hot cold hot cold, the gear box shit out at like 700 km i used that blue silicon coolant hose! Itll never crack due to tempature changes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, wife picked it up from turps for me. You live in Lacombe awhile? Didn't know there was a exhaust place in E town. Is that a full system or just slip ons. And how much. They aren't answering their phone this morning.
Ive lived in lacombe my whole life, all 22 years of it! And i bought that exhaust off of kijiji, the chip was already programmed with that exact exhaust and dynoed at get tourqued up in edmonton when they were still in business, its a full exhaust, it sounds amazing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you ya it couldve been just pure luck but its a bad design the way they have that gear box vent line ran so close to the exhaust so i zip tied it away as far as possible and heat wrapped my whole exhaust even the double walled exhaust by the clutch cover
theres what it looks like after water and mud got into it and i never caught it in time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts