Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
desert dog has the right idea. I will volunteer my car for the s&b test. 2017 xrs evo stage 3. I just need a few weeks to replace my front diff.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Both impede the intake unfortunately.
I would like to see some dyno results with both filters and with and without a fan blowing to simulate a moving car. I wonder about this when I see someone with a whole list of go fast parts and a partical seperator

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
We ran over 1200 miles in baja I had a popo then I had pre filters I had to clean every day and changed out the air filter every other day my friends x3 after 3 days barely had any dust from the filter tap when he cleaned his filter , thats when I decided I need an x3 , the overall maint. is way less on the x3 I changed my x3 filter after 600 miles and its still like new Im just stock intake no separator, I think the stock x3 is 1 stage below an ump set up

·
Administrator
2,400 Posts
Sorry for the slight edits here...

This thread had 2 S&B reps and 1 KWT rep supporting their product, of which neither are Supporting Vendors here. This usually turns into the proverbial ****fest, as most are aware of.

If any of you wish seeing either company here as a Vendor, please PM them your support!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The KWT Filter Testing shown on their website does not show the restriction that S&B claims. I've been running the KWT on my RZR Turbo 1000 for around a year and have not noticed any power loss in any conditions.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
The KWT Filter Testing shown on their website does not show the restriction that S&B claims. I've been running the KWT on my RZR Turbo 1000 for around a year and have not noticed any power loss in any conditions.
Do you have a link to any sort of structured testing by KWT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
rzr turbo 1000 huh?
If its a 1000, you might be right, but if its a turbo, I can almost guarantee you are missing out on power. But that is fine, you are sacrificing that for cleaner air. More quality over quantity I suppose.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You think its just a few?
Do you have data saying it is not or it is? My test, although not scientific, says it is not significant. I ran a top speed run with and without the S&B hooked up. Both were GPS 96 MPH. So it may accelerate faster IDK. I could not tell a difference.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
If we're arguing without numbers now, maybe the restriction added by the filter element loading up on a stock intake causes more restriction than the particle separator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Does anyone have any new info on what one to go with? The no wiring w the KWT sounds good but the SB is a proven solid good product. Wish the KWT was $199 and it would be easier to make a decision. My filter after 150 miles is filthy and there is fine dust getting past the filter. Looking for pics of S&B mounted on top of roof as room below is too tight to mount on lower bar. I have done searches on old posts so don’t beat me up for not searching thanks, Kyle.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
One thing I can add my X3 has had the particle separator on since birth went to take her in for second service they brought me out 2 filters said one has 600 miles on it one doesn't which would you like us to install? I picked one and they sent the other home with me. so I know the S&B works and works well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got the S&B and am in the Process of mounting it on the roof. Mounting it using the supplied clamps in the suggested locations was a no go because of my Can Am spare tire holder and rear speakers. I like the rear view mirror also.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
317 Posts
Curious if there was ever any more info on the KWT? I personally have the S&B and love it

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the KWT. I also use an outerwear on a RC 2 filter. I clean the trap after every ride and there is a significant amount of dust in it. I also check the filter. I have not been able to tap any dust out of it in over 300 miles. I believe it works.
as for power loss I run level 4 AA tune and KWI clutching. I can’t tell any difference.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts