Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on my KWI PDRIVE and secondary upgraded with Float Mod and big rollers yesterday and went out for test run late last night. I do not have your regular Can Am X3 MAX as it super heavy and running 39 inch tires. With the stock clutch I have smoked 3 belts in the first 300 miles just from low rpm rock crawling in low range. What I can tell you from last nights run I was fully loaded with 3 additional passengers and full tank of fuel with second tank half full, and ice chest packed full(the heaviest I have ever been). I also just installed the Dyno Jet Belt that has lifetime warranty. I ran a hard 43 miles of rock crawling and hill trails. The clutch engages very smooth and operated flawless even when I forgot to switch into low trying to climb a tough rock trail and it actually started to bog my motor down before I caught I was still in high. On the stock clutch it would have smoked the belt instantly. So for my review I give it a A+. For me this Is a game changer and its worth every penny.
Automotive lighting White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the post! How was the noise compared to the old clutch?

M

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the post! How was the noise compared to the old clutch?

M
I don't hear any clutch just the motor. GPS said my top speed was 70MPH I didn't even know I was driving that fast as most of it was a slower pace. I must have hit that speed when I was testing out my suspension on the bad second of washboards in the road. I gave the clutch a real hard test last night.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank You!

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have temp gauge?
Yes I have the Razorback Infrared Belt Temperature Gauge. My stock clutch usually ran in the 130 Deg. range unless running hills in the dunes where it would get 180. I didn't check the belt temp with the new PDRIVE as its wasn't ever an issue before.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hummm, sometimes i have doubt on the accuracy of razor gauges or maybe is installation. My AIM gauge read between 145-170 on normal load or speed less than 50, under heavy load like dunes of sand hallow or high speed is in the 190-200. Never blown a belt, actually comes out great after 1k miles. And you have burn 3 belts with such low temp?

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hummm, sometimes i have doubt on the accuracy of razor gauges or maybe is installation. My AIM gauge read between 145-170 on normal load or speed less than 50, under heavy load like dunes of sand hallow or high speed is in the 190-200. Never blown a belt, actually comes out great after 1k miles. And you have burn 3 belts with such low temp?
I have burned up 3 belts at less then 2000 Rpms. Temp played no roll in the belt slip, rather it was the Two Foot method of brake and throttle. Now the new PDRIVE seems to have way better grip so its a game changer for me.

Reactions: Stricken

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox
164 Posts
Sent mine in last week but the entire KWI team went to Coos Bay this whole week. Not looking like my holiday weekend plans involve the x3 anymore 😥

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sent mine in last week but the entire KWI team went to Coos Bay this whole week. Not looking like my holiday weekend plans involve the x3 anymore 😥
Thats really bad timing

·
Administrator
4,633 Posts
Sent mine in last week but the entire KWI team went to Coos Bay this whole week. Not looking like my holiday weekend plans involve the x3 anymore
Thank you for the info!

I will contact them to see if I can hurry up and pull the secondary off, take down to Takeover, and roll back home with our new P-drive and secondary mods that are already paid for. I'd rather drive 100 miles RT to get.it.done instead of packing/shipping secondary and waiting however long for return.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't hear any clutch just the motor. GPS said my top speed was 70MPH I didn't even know I was driving that fast as most of it was a slower pace. I must have hit that speed when I was testing out my suspension on the bad second of washboards in the road. I gave the clutch a real hard test last night.
I’ll bet 70mph feels like a buck twenty five in your car on 39’s and portals. That’s moving out considering what you built it for.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ll bet 70mph feels like a buck twenty five in your car on 39’s and portals. That’s moving out considering what you built it for.
My Can Am definitely feels like I am going fast. I actually didn't know I had gone that fast when out testing the KWI PDRIVE until the guy that was with me that was using his trail map said wow your top GPS speed was 70 MPH. The only place I had went really fast was along the straight power line that was all 1-2ft woops and I was testing out how my shocks would take the bumps. It was actually rather smooth feeling and I didn't want to go any faster incase something unexpectedly was to break.
It also still feels quick even going up the hills.

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox
164 Posts
Hoping I get the @SUPERSMITH quick turn special, lol. But I'd drive there myself too if I would've known UPS took 5 days!

Thank you for the info!

I will contact them to see if I can hurry up and pull the secondary off, take down to Takeover, and roll back home with our new P-drive and secondary mods that are already paid for. I'd rather drive 100 miles RT to get.it.done instead of packing/shipping secondary and waiting however long for return.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hoping I get the @SUPERSMITH quick turn special, lol. But I'd drive there myself too if I would've known UPS took 5 days!
I ordered mine the 14 and was shipped the 21, luckily i got one cause they are in backorder now, but man after spending that bucks was checking email for days every 5 min and was already regretting if i should spend that money in suspension upgrades,to much time to think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts