Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great!!! my clutch kit came today, took just over a week to get here. Kris has that Get-er-Done type of work ethic. Full STM Rage 3. Pretty stoked when I opened the box. Pretty shinny parts inside. Guess the week-end will be fun for sure, oh wait the SSSS on Sat. Gonna have to start tomorrow after work. By the inch it's a cinch-don't wanna rush. I'll have to do the work on the installment plan. While its a part might as well do the header wrap and thermo-tape. So many upgrades and so little time. Even the weather knows desert season is coming. Gotta get ready for action!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
There are some very informative posts on this set up in the engine and drivetrain part of the forum. Congrats

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Check for a thread that shows a bolt problem for the STM/STM setup. There is a bolt that needs to be ground down behind your secondary.just giving you a heads up.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the advice, I'll look everything over on our forum and maybe youtube. If I get stumped, I'll call Kris.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yep, he is the man…..

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If only Chris would get back to me lol.. Befor I could buy a clutch he was on here every hour, now that I want one we can't even talk. Yesterday morning he answered my pm, I sent back another and havnt herd back since. He recommended me to get the full STM and I said whats the advantage and price dif over qsc, and havnt herd anything back.. I may have to go a different route......

right now I don't know who's harder to get ahold of kris or airdam!!!.....maybe it's just not ment to be.

·
Registered
806 Posts
st222, You should really try conversing with him in other ways besides this forum. I did most of mine through e-mail and text and he stayed in touch with me pretty consistenly. Just sayin. I got ahold of airdam 1 time and then had an issue and never heard from him again.

·
Registered
711 Posts
if you call me during normal business hours, its not hard to catch me. i am here all day with a phone strapped to my ear ALL day long. from 10AM-6PM i answer every call that comes thru one after another. if i am on the phone with one person, i miss calls coming in on the other lines, just hit redial i am here i promise. ST22 if you need the full STM, its not hard to get you those. KRIS is having STM drop ship them. he is not a miracle worker. just calls in and places the order thru STM and gives them your mailing address. its quite easy. i can easily do the same thing. i have sold alot of STMs lately. everybody talks about how hard it is to get in touch with me, its actually quite easy if you just call DURING normal hours. its 8:26 here right now and i have already missed 16 calls. folks start calling at 7:30. by the time it gets 10:00 i have usually missed 50 calls. those folks get mad and think i dont answer, never listening to the voicemail or looking on the website where it says 10-6. i answer during those hours. i am here every day of the week, but choose to answer during those hours only.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If only Chris would get back to me lol.. Befor I could buy a clutch he was on here every hour, now that I want one we can't even talk. Yesterday morning he answered my pm, I sent back another and havnt herd back since. He recommended me to get the full STM and I said whats the advantage and price dif over qsc, and havnt herd anything back.. I may have to go a different route......

right now I don't know who's harder to get ahold of kris or airdam!!!.....maybe it's just not ment to be.
Don't sweat it I talked to him yesterday morning too, then he had school.
He is supposed to get back with me too n hasn't been able to yet so don't think it's just you.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Great!!! my clutch kit came today, took just over a week to get here. Kris has that Get-er-Done type of work ethic. Full STM Rage 3. Pretty stoked when I opened the box. Pretty shinny parts inside. Guess the week-end will be fun for sure, oh wait the SSSS on Sat. Gonna have to start tomorrow after work. By the inch it's a cinch-don't wanna rush. I'll have to do the work on the installment plan. While its a part might as well do the header wrap and thermo-tape. So many upgrades and so little time. Even the weather knows desert season is coming. Gotta get ready for action!!!
Mav Max -- I also have a max - Please let me know a couple things -

1 does this kit require modification to the clutch cover.

2. Performance of the clutch itself. I am pleased with the maverick max stock clutch much more than I was the 2 seat maverick, but now that I have added 28's I feel I should plan for an upgrade. I am surprised STM felt a Rage 3 would be sufficient, but if so this is good news for the wallet. I installed a QSC on my maverick and loved it but am intrigued by the full STM.

To my knowledge STM nor QSC has established a baseline setup for the max. I do believe Airdam has installed a couple. Anyhow let me know how the out of the box does for you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
if you call me during normal business hours, its not hard to catch me. i am here all day with a phone strapped to my ear ALL day long. from 10AM-6PM i answer every call that comes thru one after another. if i am on the phone with one person, i miss calls coming in on the other lines, just hit redial i am here i promise. ST22 if you need the full STM, its not hard to get you those. KRIS is having STM drop ship them. he is not a miracle worker. just calls in and places the order thru STM and gives them your mailing address. its quite easy. i can easily do the same thing. i have sold alot of STMs lately. everybody talks about how hard it is to get in touch with me, its actually quite easy if you just call DURING normal hours. its 8:26 here right now and i have already missed 16 calls. folks start calling at 7:30. by the time it gets 10:00 i have usually missed 50 calls. those folks get mad and think i dont answer, never listening to the voicemail or looking on the website where it says 10-6. i answer during those hours. i am here every day of the week, but choose to answer during those hours only.
Those of us that have spent any, amount of time around a farm, can always recognize the smell of Bull Shit in the air!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I never have a hard time with getting hold of Adam I just call him before 9 Oclock Ps I enjoy my Airdam CV. Tech very much

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm not sure y that "smells like BS " to ya but sometimes I think we are all a little impatient when comes to parts n fixes on our bikes and we seem to forget that these men have businesses n lives they have to take care of too. So if it takes a little longer for them to get back with me, well that's the way it goes. I move though when I have something on my mind it's hard to get out of there until I resolve it!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I smell a guy with no idea what he is talking about. I've done business with airdam for several years and the only time I've ever had a hard time getting ahold of him was a few weeks before mud nats. Other than that its been very easy, one call and he is there. Awesome guy. I don't give a shit if y'all believe me I just get tired of the bullshit complaints.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Those of us that have spent any, amount of time around a farm, can always recognize the smell of Bull Shit in the air!
I thought this forum was to learn about the Maverick or aftermarket product, not to bash people. Your comment offers absolutely nothing to the other readers on this forum. If you got actual experience with Airdam them please explain experience that justifies your comment and not what you just read on the Internet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I smell a guy with no idea what he is talking about. I've done business with airdam for several years and the only time I've ever had a hard time getting ahold of him was a few weeks before mud nats. Other than that its been very easy, one call and he is there. Awesome guy. I don't give a shit if y'all believe me I just get tired of the bullshit complaints.
I'm a guy that's seen him come and go on the commander forums, as well as this forum. One day day he can be all over the forum giving all kind of very informative information and once he convinces everyone that he knows his shit (not at all doubting that) he'll sale you a clutch and all kind of promises that he can get you set up if its not wright. And when as soon as he overloads himself he stops answering emails, P.M.'s, messages left on his phone ext. I've seen him many times ignore guys on here when they would ask him questions about there set ups that were not quiet wright (sold to them buy him) and he would ignore them for weeks, but yet answer someone else's questions about wanting to buying a good clutch. Argue with Kris about how superior his was over the QSC. And how he'd been setting clutches up on race bikes and so on. While guys are trying get in touch with him about clutches that we're ordered or had received and couldn't get ahold of him to help them out fine tuning it. But yet, had the time to sit on the forum and get in pissing contest with other venders. And it's not just Kris, but he did the same thing on the commander forums with Mr RPM a couple years back. It's not that I'm doubting him helping you when you finally do get ahold of
him. But, he's not the only vender that's swamped with phone calls, emails and private messages. It's just that he never calls people back half the time, he waits for them to finally catch him in between phone calls. O, you missed 50 calls before you opened, maybe there desperate to get in touch with you. Try returning your missed calls before you start answering the phone for new orders that you can't handle already. Your that busy, hire someone else to answer the phone that is competent enough to wright down people's different set ups and riding styles, elevation and etc. That person could be answering emails after relaying questions and getting answers from him. At some point you either have to hire more help or stop taking so many orders that you don't have time to get back with your customers that you have,and already paid and are waiting for him to answer questions about tuning there clutch. Like I said, he really is very knowledgable about his craft and takes pride in his work. Hell, a couple years ago, I tried getting in touch with him for almost three weeks with no reply's to phone messages and emails. And realized that if its that hard to reach him before the sale, then he would not be the person that I, or most others would want to deal with after the sale. Yeah, I called Kris (@coldblooded) and he answered the first time I called and the next two times after that. The fourth call was about questions i had on wheels and tires. He didn't answer so I was just gonna try calling him back later that day but, 5mins later he called back because he saw on his caller I.D. he had missed my call. Wound up being a no brainer after talking with him that I would be buying my clutch from him. After the sale I would get emails on updates of ETA of my clutch and even went so far as to mail me his clutch puller for the stock primary so that I wouldn't have to spend the money on a puller to only use it one time. Couple days later after receiving my clutch he text me to see how I liked it and if I needed anything. Went out of his way when I was being a little anal about getting my shift out perfect and sent me a secondary spring (free of charge) to get me right where I wanted. So, when I here someone saying they can hook you up with a clutch, I expect for the quality of there product to match the quality of the customer service before and after the sale and not just take care of some of there customers but, all of there customers. Sorry for the long rant guys. This is just my .02 well maybe .03 on the matter.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have dealt with both Kris is a stand up guy, Adam seemed a little behind the power curve at the time. Not sure if anything has changed but I will go back to Kris just because I feel he has better customer service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts