Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think this is why the majority of us are getting the aftermarket clutches…..peace of mind!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea....I haven't had any clutch/belt issues (yet) but I don't want to either.....The OEM junk will sit on a shelf until I go to resell it...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Exactly piece of mind, then between getting the money together and the traveling we have,I ran into a situation wear I only had 7 days to try and get one. That's how good Kris came through for me.
Rage 3 will be perfect for what I'm doing for me i dont need anything more technical.The Maverick is already unstoppable in my eyes so adding any aftermarket clutch is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Exactly, then between getting the money together and the traveling we have,I ran into a situation wear I only had 7 days to try and get one. That's how good Kris came through for me.
He must of had someone cancel an order so he had it sitting there. I think they are about 8 weeks out right now.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Damn, lucky. I'm goin on 5 weeks on my qsc, but in his defense I think he had to wait to get them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
He must of had someone cancel an order so he had it sitting there. I think they are about 8 weeks out right now.
Same for me I had mine next week, ordered from Kris but came from STM.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Mine are shipping today....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yea the QSC is weeks out meaning 2-? Weeks
The STM is more available rite now.
Hey Dodd how do u like it?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That's Awesome cant wait to hear how ya like em....
My expectations are pretty high....I am hoping to see this beast pull wheelies on the pavement after the upgrade :smile:

·
Registered
806 Posts
My expectations are pretty high....I am hoping to see this beast pull wheelies on the pavement after the upgrade :smile:
Easy killer. You'll be upgrading the axles next. Lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha...I just wanna see if it can do it like some have posted videos of.....I am more about the reliability but the added acceleration and back shifting are a nice bonus.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
haha...I just wanna see if it can do it like some have posted videos of.
So you have seen how many video's of it? and you still dont believe it? I think you just want yours to do it also!! :smile:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yea the QSC is weeks out meaning 2-? Weeks
The STM is more available rite now.
Hey Dodd how do u like it?
Only problem I had with mine is it ran to tight in the secondary and it seized the one way bearing up in the primary. Kris being the awesome guy he is took care of me, had it sent back to STM and it was back to me with in a week. Kris said I need to run another red fiber shim or two in secondary to make it ride a little lower to create a little more slack and that should do it. Gonna do that this evening as soon as I get home. The set up was bad a$$ until that happened, hopefully the shims will fix it.

Nathan

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Only problem I had with mine is it ran to tight in the secondary and it seized the one way bearing up in the primary. Kris being the awesome guy he is took care of me, had it sent back to STM and it was back to me with in a week. Kris said I need to run another red fiber shim or two in secondary to make it ride a little lower to create a little more slack and that should do it. Gonna do that this evening as soon as I get home. The set up was bad a$$ until that happened, hopefully the shims will fix it.

Nathan
Sounds like that should fix it. Your belt must have been WAY too tight,so the shims will open up your secondary a little bit so the belt will not be so tight.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Kris, So with the qsc available and stm rage 3, regardless of price, which would you choose?
This is tough. For a Maverick. I would run a full STM setup now that they modified the bearing and added the option of having a one way or two way bearing. The smaller bearing makes all the difference in the world. And the full billet clutch is just a work of art. This is versus the QSC in its current state. The playing field is changing every day =P

·
Registered
998 Posts
This is tough. For a Maverick. I would run a full STM setup now that they modified the bearing and added the option of having a one way or two way bearing. The smaller bearing makes all the difference in the world. And the full billet clutch is just a work of art. This is versus the QSC in its current state. The playing field is changing every day =P
Thanks Kris .. I'm planning on a full stm here shortly

21 - 40 of 44 Posts