Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank u, KRIS with cold blooded proformance
image.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Very nice. Is that an STM rage 3 primary?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, kris directed me towards that for my driving style

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What's your driving style?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small trails n mud 29" tires

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so basically low speed high torque setup?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea pretty much stock hp

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Just curious why he suggested the STM Rage over the QSC for this application????

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just curious why he suggested the STM Rage over the QSC for this application????
Because I think the STM can be fine tuned better for that style of riding

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Because I think the STM can be fine tuned better for that style of riding
Isn't the STM Rage 3 and the QSC both based off of the Polaris primary? So wouldn't they both be just as tunable as the other?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Isn't the STM Rage 3 and the QSC both based off of the Polaris primary? So wouldn't they both be just as tunable as the other?
QSM is based of a Polaris, STM Rage 3 is based off a Rage 6, just with out the first stage arms (3 big arms vs 3 big & 3 small arms).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
QSM is based of a Polaris, STM Rage 3 is based off a Rage 6, just with out the first stage arms (3 big arms vs 3 big & 3 small arms).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
So without the additional 3 arms, it is basically the same design as the QSC and Polaris primary…correct?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Correct, qsc use to have a smaller one way bearing than the stm's but now STM's come with a new one way bearing equal to that of the qsc. What that means is the qsc use to have a more low end vs the STM but now I'd say it's equal .. The STM is full billet so it can handle more power

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Correct, qsc use to have a smaller one way bearing than the stm's but now STM's come with a new one way bearing equal to that of the qsc. What that means is the qsc use to have a more low end vs the STM but now I'd say it's equal .. The STM is full billet so it can handle more power
I agree

·
Registered
424 Posts
Availability played a big role in this as well.

The STM is a 3 Arm design. Just like the Polaris primary. That's the only thing they have in common. The roller locations are different, pin locations, spiders, etc. So many differences they can not even be compared.

·
Registered
424 Posts
And thanks for the shout out man! Shoot me an email when you get them up and running and let me know whatcha think.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the educations fellas….now I know the differences :crazy:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Kris, So with the qsc available and stm rage 3, regardless of price, which would you choose?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm jealous. I've been like a lil kid waiting on my qsc.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea guys Kris got this clutch out to me Really Really fast, my driving style played a role too
but mostly we have events coming up n I really needed a primary n secondary as fast as I could get it
Kris really stepped up to the plate.
As far as the diff. In STM n Qsc either way I'm not worrying if my clutch is going to ruin our time out
(I don't wanna be at a unfamillar park in a different state n the clutch goes)

Reactions: Andy
1 - 20 of 44 Posts