Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt they are that solid...they are designed to carry a hundred pounds, maybe at most. I wouldn't depend on it to hold a 200 lb person in place with momentum added to that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Could these be used as a harness bar?
I wouldn't recommend it as the gear rail bar is aluminum and all harness bars I've seen are steel. Also the orientation of the aluminum extrusion is in it's weak axis for a stress coming from a harness. The tube is an oval and the thin dimension is vertical. Don't do it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not only that, but it attaches to the cage via two plastic end caps. Assuming the bar didnt fail, surely the two plastic caps would.

I installed the bar. Its good for what it does. Im not crazy about having to bang the end caps off and on to add or remove attachments. I have three, so my plan is to leave them on and make adjustments as needed. The mounting plates suck though. They don't show photos of what they are supposed to look like except on the outside of the box, often, not from an angle you can tell, the fuel cell leaks fuel so bad, I can't carry for fear of starting a fire, and the two gun case holders needing separate mounts is total bullshit. You could mount the second gun mount to the first with a Dremel and a drill, and it would be perfect. That's my plan.

Also, the bar sits pretty low over the semi-soft bags, it makes it a bit difficult to open the bags all the way.

I don't know, as cool as the q-link system is, you would think they would incorporate more of that in the accessory rail.
Perhaps a business opportunity awaits the right aftermarket company.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not only that, but it attaches to the cage via two plastic end caps. Assuming the bar didnt fail, surely the two plastic caps would.

I installed the bar. Its good for what it does. Im not crazy about having to bang the end caps off and on to add or remove attachments. I have three, so my plan is to leave them on and make adjustments as needed. The mounting plates suck though. They don't show photos of what they are supposed to look like except on the outside of the box, often, not from an angle you can tell, the fuel cell leaks fuel so bad, I can't carry for fear of starting a fire, and the two gun case holders needing separate mounts is total bullshit. You could mount the second gun mount to the first with a Dremel and a drill, and it would be perfect. That's my plan.

Also, the bar sits pretty low over the semi-soft bags, it makes it a bit difficult to open the bags all the way.

I don't know, as cool as the q-link system is, you would think they would incorporate more of that in the accessory rail.
Perhaps a business opportunity awaits the right aftermarket company.
Thanks so much for the great review. I was seriously considering getting the 4 gallon attachment. Now I know not to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts