Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
It was a great race for Can Am. Had to happen as they have been the title sponsor of the race for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
It only took them 3 or 4 years to finally get on the box since Can Am became the title sponsor. Fun race to watch.

The winner Cody Miller is racing his X3 in the Ultra 4 4400 class race today. Be interesting to see how he does against the purpose built trucks with the 40" or bigger tires.

Reactions: WarHammer

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It only took them 3 or 4 years to finally get on the box since Can Am became the title sponsor. Fun race to watch.

The winner Cody Miller is racing his X3 in the Ultra 4 4400 class race today. Be interesting to see how he does against the purpose built trucks with the 40" or bigger tires.
Watching it live, while sitting in the AZ desert, while working on our X3.
Better than sitting in the dust..lol

Sent from BLR logistics

·
Registered
41 Posts
So it would be interesting to see what all has to be beefed up. Bet there is not much stock. What's the cost of one of these machines? I'm going to do the gusset kit, front bulkhead, tie rods, sway bar links and shock tower first so that alone is probable cost me $1600+ with labor. I might try doing it myself but at 76 my back goes out as soon as I walk in the garage. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
So it would be interesting to see what all has to be beefed up. Bet there is not much stock. What's the cost of one of these machines? I'm going to do the gusset kit, front bulkhead, tie rods, sway bar links and shock tower first so that alone is probable cost me $1600+ with labor. I might try doing it myself but at 76 my back goes out as soon as I walk in the garage. LOL

front gusset kit is a 2 man job, much easier if you can find a friend to help getting the lower parts on, otherwise pretty straight forward

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
Most have a race legal cage and beefied up suspension. The winning X3 was a 64" model. Blurton boat sided his X3.

Reactions: WarHammer

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
T
Watching it live, while sitting in the AZ desert, while working on our X3.
Better than sitting in the dust..lol

Sent from BLR logistics
Nice. The 4400 race is pretty good today. The T1 race was fun to watch yesterday.

Reactions: BLR

·
Vendor
146 Posts
The top 3 Can Am's all ran Factory UTV UHMW skids as did 7 of the top 10 vehicles. In the last 3 years 26 of the top 10 KOH finishers ran our UHMW Armor. Might be something to that.... All 3 Can Ams on the podium were "boatside" X3's. We actually made UHMW doors for the Miller Bros X'3s. Jason Weller went from a 76th place start to a top 10 finish in an X3 that was not highly modified. #futvarmy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts