Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All there is very little out there about these. Has anyone tried these yet? They are pricey at $700
Are folks running one or both? Fronts? Or Just Rears? Just looking for some feedback!

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
$700 ??? Must include auto pilot. I just can't understand how much more sophisticated the King links are to Walker Evan's or the other sway bar links.
Hope someone can explain or justify the cost.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I understand these things are super BEEFY. I was just curious if anyone else has run across them. From what I understand they aren't even widely available to the public yet. I've got a set in the mail! I got lucky and won them in a drawing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't think I would pay 700 for them but hey if you got them for free nice!
I really don't think you could tell the difference between the Walker links or the Kings beyond the large 300 dollar price difference Pound Sand had a set a few months ago and can probably give the best feedback on them?

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
From what I understand these things are super BEEFY. I was just curious if anyone else has run across them. From what I understand they aren't even widely available to the public yet. I've got a set in the mail! I got lucky and won them in a drawing.
King had a set at the Sand Show in September. They are a little bigger than the Walker Evan links, but perform the same function. $700 is a bit pricey when you can get a pair of Walker Evan links for way less.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Id like a set of kings ,but the price will have me doing the suspension before I get a chance to try them out ,

·
Premium Member
9,117 Posts
You'll be paying for the "King" name. I seriously doubt there is any internal difference between them, and the WEs. And even if there is, once again I seriously doubt it's $400 worth of difference.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Ya but they're cool n blue you'll be in an Elite group of owners who are uber cool

·
Vendor
575 Posts
The Kings are made from a full 2.0 shock body and piston.
The Walkers Evans are a 1.7 shock body.

The Kings are a firmer set up and work best for heavier cars, and more aggressive drivers and racers. Work well for fast sand duning also!!

2 of these are great for slower ( or Fast ) car articulation on the rocks and trials while not being over soft during more aggressive fast open desert driving.

The Kings were designed to be run as a pair. They are much longer than the stock links

These will retail for $599. (Changes on who you talk to). I can sell them for less than that.

The Walker Evans link is great for the recreational driver up to the more aggressive or racer driver.
But In comparisons, the kings are bigger, firmer and stay more consistent on the high demand side.

The Walker Evans set up is great, and should meet the demand of most, (I sell the crap out of these),
while the Kings set up is still “King” in big boy land.

Moto

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
To get sponsor’d is easy it just takes enough franklins in your sponsor package and they'll send you what you need ,

A sponsorships start at 6000.00
B 3000.00
C 1000.00
D. 100.00

to get a D sponsorship is the easiest but you don't get much

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Kings are made from a full 2.0 shock body and piston.
The Walkers Evans are a 1.7 shock body.

The Kings are a firmer set up and work best for heavier cars, and more aggressive drivers and racers. Work well for fast sand duning also!!

2 of these are great for slower ( or Fast ) car articulation on the rocks and trials while not being over soft during more aggressive fast open desert driving.

The Kings were designed to be run as a pair. They are much longer than the stock links

These will retail for $599. (Changes on who you talk to). I can sell them for less than that.

The Walker Evans link is great for the recreational driver up to the more aggressive or racer driver.
But In comparisons, the kings are bigger, firmer and stay more consistent on the high demand side.

The Walker Evans set up is great, and should meet the demand of most, (I sell the crap out of these),
while the Kings set up is still “King” in big boy land.

Moto
PM sent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Pound Sand!
That is great info. I'm excited to get mine and give them a try! Should work great with my Double E Sway Bar. Hopefully this post will let a few guys know there is another option in the market.

·
Vendor
575 Posts
I will sell these King Swaybar links for introductory price of $525 for a pair.
retail is $595. Per pair.

I can only sell these by the pair, as they must be run as a pair. These are much longer that the stock link so running one isn’t an option as the lengths don’t match up.

I only have a few pair right now, with more on order.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Tryinhard1080 -

Can you give us an update once you get these King links mounted and try them out.. Strongly considering them, but would like to have some input before I do so from someone who has run them.. Much appreciated !!

PS - Have King Shocks on X3 Max now and love them..

ESCAPE

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: These kings will not work with the Double E Sway Bar. I installed them and they looked good to go but in the dunes with some stress they turned under pressure causing the tops of the shock mounts to hit the sway bar. It nicked the tops of the kings but not substantial damage. Since then I've modified them a bit and turned the upside down which I believe is going to do the trick. I'll report back once I get a chance to test them in action.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts