Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the base maverick with the fox 2.0. I'm not disappointed but always looking to upgrade. I can get a deal with king and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. The king shocks are also 2.0 but I'm not sure if it means the same. If I buy aftermarket suspension I want it to blow the xrs away. Any comments?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have the base maverick with the fox 2.0. I'm not disappointed but always looking to upgrade. I can get a deal with king and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. The king shocks are also 2.0 but I'm not sure if it means the same. If I buy aftermarket suspension I want it to blow the xrs away. Any comments?
We are going to be running Kings on our racecar...but they will be 2.5's (retail cost over 3.5k) but I do have a set of the Fox 2.5 Podiums off our XRS for sale.. $1800 (and in SoCal) with a retail cost of $3.2k

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
If you put a 2.0 king on they still aren't going to be as good as the factory XRS shocks unless they're IBP's.
I wouldn't upgrade the factory XRS shocks unless I was going to a 2.5 BOC's or IBP's

With that being said unless you are getting the shocks for free its probably not worth the swap.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If you put a 2.0 king on they still aren't going to be as good as the factory XRS shocks unless they're IBP's.
I wouldn't upgrade the factory XRS shocks unless I was going to a 2.5 BOC's or IBP's

With that being said unless you are getting the shocks for free its probably not worth the swap.
I agree that Unless the shocks are close to free, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

IMO, this is EXACTLY why the XRS was worth the extra $1500. No reason to upgrade the 2.5 shocks without going to LT

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I agree 100%, I bought a XRS Maverick to race and that's it. I have no intentions of swapping the shocks out for anything else unless Fox sponsors me and gives me a free set of BOCs. A little time revalving the stockers and Ill be set.

I think you'll be fine with the stock 2.0's and if you have complaints talk to someone like me or a local off road shop with shock experience and have them revalve them for your riding and your needs. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You need to clarify your post, big difference from the XRS, meaning what? If your talking to a salesman then keep in mind he wants you to buy his product and will of course tell you they will be so much better, it's his job!

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I talked to a guy at king and he said it makes a big difference from the xrs. And it has 2.5s
No way. A tuned 2.0 shock is not going to out perform a tuned 2.5 apples to apples and ill give king a $1500 head start on me

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
A reed is correct I run king on my commander and they are a great shock. I had Brett spend all day dialing that shock in revalve after revalve. As good as they are they just dont have the same adjustments that a xrs fox shock has. High and low speed adjustment with rebound on the xrs shock is not present on your king. Of course if u get a personal valve job from Brett you probably wont need it. Fox has boc technology that king doesnt that the xrs can upgrade too that makes it superior to ALL offerings from king.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts